London Calling

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: London Calling

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Oh we're good in that regard." Nick chuckled with a nod of his head. "Mum's a doctor, I was almost going to follow her into the family business, but I enjoyed fixing machines more than people, still... I am a qualified field medic and Alice has some biologist in her doctorates. Tarkalian Fever huh? Let me guess, no one took the early warnings close to seriously? Terrans. They never change."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

Atticus gave Nick an odd expression, but didn't say what he was thinking. "What are you doing this weekend? You all wanna come over for a barbecue? I got some ribs in the fridge marinating as we speak."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I think we can make it... what do you say dear? Anything stopping us?" Nick said as he looked at Alice. "It'll be nice to have a quiet dinner with our neighbors. I'll bring a casserole, I make a mean cheesy cauliflower. No one allergic to coconut oil right? Otherwise I use real butter. I'm from Wisconsin, we're used to bringing dishes to pass when you visit someone. Although I suspect it came from my Polish ancestors as well... never left hungry when we visited the family in Poland."

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"You needn't bring anything, but I won't say no either. There'll be hotdogs and burgers incase the little one doesn't like the ribs. Texas style can be a bit spicy. So Saturday at 1400?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"We'll be there." Nick said with a smile and nodded his head. "It'll be nice for our kids to meet up... and I will entirely bring something. Texas style ribs... bourbon and red wine?"

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

Atticus laughed, "You rich folk and yer high falutin tastes. We usually just drink beer. I think the missus has a bottle or two of wine somewhere and I think there's still some Jack Daniel's left in the back of the cabinet."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Son in law's a rancher and I got quite an education on what kind of alcohol goes best with meat. Although yeah, beer's good... but bourbon... that just kick's it up a notch." Nick chuckled. "Wine's for the wives to enjoy while we're washing dishes and the kids are playing. Besides, I gotta see how much you can handle so I don't get you stewed on a six pack and have your wife upset at me. Happy wife happy life as they say." he whispered. "Thing with us rich guys, especially the ones that didn't come from it... need a hand with something, just have to ask."

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"Not much to be honest. I drink very little, and it doesn't take much to get me good and sloshed. But, as long as I don't hurt anyone, break anything, or let it get out of my pants the misus isn't one to nag and yell. Knowing her, she'd laugh at me the next morning, and in a voice far too loud shout, 'You regret last night?' To which, I am obligated to pretend I don't have a splitting headache and tell her that I regret nothing."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well there are ways of mitigating that hangover. This IS the early 23rd Century, not the 18th." Nick said with a smirk. "I don't really drink to excess, would rather have one drink and enjoy it. Maybe two if there's another option. I'm a bloody coffee addict though, for the past few years I've been trying to switch to tea again, but the bean is a wily mistress, it'll find it's way into my mug somehow. Suppose now that we live here, tea time is going to be a 'thing' now."

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"Yeah, you might as well get used to it," Atticus replied. "Well, I gotta run. See you Saturday?"