Breathing Underwater

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Rebecca Talon

Re: Breathing Underwater

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"No, I couldn't have," Rebecca replied taking Ang'Jhu's hand. "Thanks. If he had a regular sword then yeah, you're right, but a kliden can block a phaser blast, and a phaser can't block a kliden."

Rebecca watched the outburst and shurrged, "We ready?"

Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Post by Ang'Jhu t'Radiak »

"We're ready." Ang said and took a cleansing breath. "Sorry... I just... it's been a rough two years and a rough few months. Probably worse than the previous year combined. And this asshole was letting it happen." she glared at him again. "Let's blow this thing and go home... and then I can process what all has happened and probably drown myself in a bottle or ten of Warbird until I feel like me again."
Colonel Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Very well," Rebecca replied. She looked like she wanted to say more, but she kept her thoughts to herself. Approaching a command console she started the self destruct sequence using Bellatrix's own codes which gave Rebecca a perverse pleasure to use that particular weakness against her. Pressing her communicator, "Sandoval to Admiral Ryder. Mission complete."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I got you..." Angel said as her fingers flew across the console and locked onto Ang and Becca. Swiveling around in her chair, she looked a them and smirked. "Well you look like crap... Yoshi, take care of Becca. Ang... come on up here."

"What? I don't get medical attention too?" Ang deadpanned.

"It's called getting a hug from your 'sister' you freakin' idiot." Angel said and embraced her alternate. "God you're still just as hardheaded."

"And you're just as sentimental and emotional... and pregnant as I remembered." Ang poked Angel in the belly. "So, exploding ship... now might be a good time to get the hell out of here."

"You think I'm flying?" Angel said and gestured to the MIKI that was at the helm. "I didn't get these bars and stripes for not thinking ahead. Speaking of a head. Let's get that thing off you."

"Later. I want to watch that ship explode... " Ang said coldly. "I won't lie Angelica... I'm not the same Ang you remembered, the past couple years have been... bad. It's going to take a long time and a lot to get me even close to being who I was. If I ever get there."

"And you my sister have forgotten how patient and understanding we are." Angel said and gestured to a chair. "Now sit still while I get that helmet off you."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Tomarah t'Sei

Post by Tomarah t'Sei »

Tomarah sat watching the exchange, and turned to watch the planet shrink away with a smile. "Now, I am free," she said softly. She turned to Angel, "Thank you. Send my regards to Sandoval for me."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"You can tell her yourself, she's only a meter and a half behind you." Angel said with a smile. "I'm pleased I was able to rescue you too... although I am sure our Admiral Tomarah will be quite intrigued to find she's got a double. Trust me, it can be fun."

"Speak for yourself." Ang said with a slight chuckle. "Although this one will never live down that basically because she existed saved my life... "

"And don't you forget it missy. That's three you owe me... so I figure that gets me at least 3 months of maternity leave." Angel wiggled her eyebrows. "Wait until you see Seraphina... Trinity renamed herself, considering she too has a double. She's pregnant now too."

"In the words of Kinsey, Grozit! Is it in the water? Thank the elements I had my uterus removed years ago. I'd probably wake up one day pregnant with triplets!" Ang exclaimed and threw her hands up.

"Almost done..." Angel said as she set the micro lasers on the tiny cutters she put on the helmet and in a quick buzz the helmet came off in two pieces. "There... and oh my God... what did they do to your face?"

"That bad?" Ang winced. "I haven't seen it in over a year."

"Yeah... how can you even see out of that one eye?" Angel grabbed a medical kit.

"I can see fine, blurry but fine... may need contact lenses. I can't rock the glasses like you do." Ang said and felt her face. "Well these I had before the attack... your father's stupid security detail." she pointed to a couple scars on her cheek. "I was in the sauna and the stupid ass tripped and I fell into the hot coal." she glared and shook her head. "I truly hope Eli is not working for him anymore... he still owes me."

"Hah... that never happened in our reality." Angel said with a smirk. "And Eli's doing just fine... found a new girlfriend, going to be a father soon."

"It really is in the water... Tomarah... get a chastity belt if you go to Terra Alpha... seriously!" Ang said and looked at her. "Are you alright?"
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Tomarah t'Sei

Post by Tomarah t'Sei »

"I won't be going to Terra Alpha, and neither will I be meeting my double..." Tomarah replied her words starting the slur. Pain etched across the Romulan's forehead, yet she stood stolid as ever. Then suddenly she fell to one knee as she fought the weakness that had taken hold of her body. Green tendrils of blood dripped from both nostrils. Through sheer will she fought her way back upright wanting nothing more than to see the stars. "It was an honor to help you escape," Tomarah said in her native language to Ang'Jhu.

Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Post by Ang'Jhu t'Radiak »

"And it was an honor to have met you Tomarah t'Sei." Ang said as she held her hands and looked into her eyes. "Thank you... "

"Oh c'mon..." Angel sprinted over and put her hands on Tomarah. "Why didn't you say you were unwell?"

"She gave everything to save my life and heal me." Ang said softly and touched Tomarah's face. "I will honor your sacrifice." she said in native Romulan and smiled slightly. "Death isn't something we Romulans fear Angel." she gave Tomarah a look. "Anything I should tell your counterpart? And do you wish a burial or one among the stars?"
Colonel Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Tomarah t'Sei

Post by Tomarah t'Sei »

Tomarah finally collapsed into a heap. She could no longer hide the agony as her breaths became ragged and shallow. Blood was now trickling from her tear ducts and ears as she stared up at the ceiling unblinking.

"It... they did something. An implant... that... would kill... me if... I... tried.. to... escape. It is better to die free... than to live a prisoner. I have... nothing for... my other." She lay silently for a moment not even breathing. The suddenly she sucked in a breath. "Dyin' hurts," she anounced in Romulan.

She didn't speak for several minutes. The intervals between breaths increasing, and they were more shallow and raspy with each breath. "I am free," she repeated again in her native tongue one last time before the life completely drained from her.

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca stared down her hand had been tingling from the Ijulna. She had been trying to heal Tomarah, but whatever it was that had taken her life ut was beyond what the ijulna could defeat.

"Evil cunning bitch," she said softly under her breath. She needed someone to blame so she blamed her counterpart, though in truth this was just the right kind of evil for Dominus.