Reconciliation

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Dalahn Stormrage

Reconciliation

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

Emperor Dalahn Stormrage, the Duke of Tamerale entered the presidential offices of the Alliance with little fanfare. He wore a simple black leather tunic over a turtle neck of SKIN armor. The heels of his knee high boots clicked on the tiles. His pure white hair was pulled into a simple ponytail, that accentuated the graceful sweeping arc of his ears.

The Royal Guard was equally subdued. Instead of their usual ceremonial polished plate and mail armor they were wearing standard issue Alliance body armor compromised of an olive draw synthetic cloth over adamantite plates with a layer of SKIN armor underneath that.

Instead of their high-plumed helms they wore simple adamantite bowls with a olive colored canvas cover. They had machine guns slung over their shoulders and phaser pistols on their hips.

The Hylon officer leading the guard wore his simple NDF black uniform with a red "blood stripe" that ran down the inseam of his trouser legs. The stripe indicated valor, and was the equivalent of the Alliance's Medal of Honor. The only weapon the officer carried was his sheathed officer's saber which was his badge of office.

Beside the emperor was Ambassador Golondra Windrunner, a semi-exiled Narlin diplomat. She had fled to Terra Alpha after the Coup that saw the demise of her friend and ally Kahlina Starbreeze. She had taken up the role of Terra Alpha's ambassador to the Empire since fleeing Talaria.

Approaching the president's office the Royal guard spread out, nodding respectfully to the Secret Service already present.

"Emperor Stormrage to see President Price," Dahlahn said to the receptionist.

She looked up from her computer, "Do you have an appointment?"

"I am a head of state. I don't need an appointment," Dahlahn replied.

Sighing she pressed the intercom, "Mr. President, Emperor Stormrage is here to see you." She glanced at the Royal Guard noting that they were well armed. She didn't mention it, but did bring up the the video feed for the president to see from his office.
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

Re: Reconciliation

Post by Kassie Kaine-Calhoun »

Kassie rolled her eyes when she saw the video feed and shook her head. "Y'know, other than a few... I really am starting to get annoyed by how they feel like they can waltz in whenever."

"Now now Kassie... be polite." Jon said as he straightened his tie and cleared a few of the padds he had on his desk off. "Jason must not know what we've been doing. I do not think he'd approve just yet. You know how quick he is to jump to conclusions."

"Oh of course... not the only secret I keep from him." Kassie winked her eye at him. "So should I send the Emperor in or let him stew out in reception?"

"That'll only freak out the staff." Jon replied and changed the large monitor from a map of the Xenexian colony to one of the Alliance flag. Getting up from his chair he walked in front of his desk and waited. "Oh and if you see my wife, remind her that our dinner plans are at 7 not 8... fashionably late means we don't get food."

Kassie fixed her blouse so the baby bump didn't look as noticeable, even though she had the slight pregnant lady waddle given how far along she was. Sliding on a pair of glasses she approached the reception area. "Emperor... the President will see you now. Although I do need your guards to wait here. We just had the carpet replaced and the First Lady has already physically beaten two staffers for tracking dirt on it."
Kassandra "Ka'h'zy" Kaine-Calhoun
Price Administration - Xenexian Delegate

Dalahn Stormrage

"That would be inappropriate for them to even consider joining the president and myself," Stormrage replied, "Discussions between heads of state are not to be overheard by subordinates."

He ducked through the door with Golondra in tow. With a sweeping gesture he bowed before Jon, "Mr. President pardon the interruption, but we have important matters to discuss." Without further preamble or waiting for Jon to reply he continued, "It's no secret that I am not a fan of this Alliance. I believe for Narlins to be strong we must stand alone, but my cousin, Magus, made it so we cannot do that. Thusly, our fates are intertwined. Your success is the Empire's success, conversely your failure is ours too.

"I am prepared to send fifty legions and ten fleets of one-handed ships to the cause. I just have two conditions. First, my generals are involved in any planning involving NDF forces. Secondly, we require a neutral location and party to negotiate with the Gorvan representative. It's time for reconciliation. It's time for the Gorvan to come home."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"That's rather generous." Jon replied and crossed his arms. "Are you sure the Gorvan are willing to come back? They broke from your people for a reason did they not?"
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Golondra Windrunner

Post by Golondra Windrunner »

"A very good reason," Golondra replied. "They were essentially slaves within the Empire, but yes, Ambassador Fel'morok expressed a desire to return to Gorvan Prime. However, that isn't an option, so there is interest in settling on Talaria and possibly on Terra Alpha."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
28th Countess of O'Granell
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Well we do have some recently developed areas that we could declare a Gorvan settlement, of course that is provided they want to congregate in one area. Last thing we need to do is create a Gorvan ghetto of sorts." Jon replied.

Dalahn Stormrage

"There's places in Cascadia, the have been settled by Narlins. Perhaps that area could work," Stormrage replied giving Golondra a look that only had meaning between them. "Ideally we hope that they would settle in the Empire. However, they aren't farmers, and they aren't tied to the land, so full settlement on Talaria might be problematic."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"No one said they had to be farmers. Perhaps it's the English in me, but not everyone is cut out for farm or ranch work. Especially those that were once considered slaves." Jon said as he reached back onto his desk and took a sip of tea out of his mug. "Do they have a representative we can speak with? After all, where they settle should not simply be up to men like us."

Noella St. James

Post by Noella St. James »

"Well that IS something for the State department to hash out not y'heads of state." Noella said as she walked in and nodded to the Emperor. "I think once we've had a proper vetting process, we can allow Gorvan to immigrate to Terra Alpha if they so wish. Providing that the Narlin government recognizes them as full citizens, the Aussie in me is keenly aware of what happens when a government decides to send a bunch of their... less desirables to another colony."
Noella St. James
Secretary of State
Terra Alpha Alliance

Dalahn Stormrage

"We have no intention of such an act. The Gorvan are as much a part of the Empire as humans are of the Alliance. We have already located a planet that is similar to what Gorvan Prime once was, but we can't get them settled alone. We need the Alliance's help. Now Ambassador," he said to Golondra, "I have an unrelated matter to discuss with the president."

"Of course Emperor," Golondra replied and bowed deeply with her palms pressed together in front of her face." Not turning her back on Stormrage she backed out of the office.
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale