Reconciliation

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Jonathan Price

Re: Reconciliation

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Holding you to that." Jon replied and stood up, extended his hand and looked Stormrage in the eye. "That's the thing about being a leader, there's really no manual and yet everyone has an idea how you should do things. Given that I'm married to my predecessor it's interesting to get her feedback on what I should be doing. Yet, the thing with how our government works... I don't 'rule' by royal fiat. I propose ideas, if they get made into laws that's up to other men and women. If I want to change something, I can make an executive order and yet that order can be shot down or land with the strength of a fart." he chuckled. "But that's what makes a good leader... learning from our mistakes. In any case, this was an unexpectedly... pleasant meeting. But I do need to cut it a tad short. My grandmother in law will be here shortly for my physical therapy... and one does not simply blow off physical therapy with Erica Cross. My own assassination attempt on my life is still a recovery in process. Once upon a time I could run the perimeter of this complex, now... the stairs leading to the observation lounge are enough to kick my backside." he gestured to the cane. "Rainy days still have me using it. My wife jokes that I should have one with a sword hidden in it."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Erica Cross

Post by Erica Cross »

Erica tapped on the door and poked her head in. "That's because she thinks you look like an old man with it." she cleared her throat. "Emperor... " she nodded her head and smiled. "You're slouching a bit more than the last time I saw you. Let me guess... someone stabbed you recently? You know I could easily take you on as a client... everything I charge goes into the Terra Alpha Olympic archery team I coach. It's only a year away... are the Narlin's going to participate?"
Erica Cross
Terra Alpha Olympic Archery Biathlon Team
Presidential Compound Personal Trainer

Dalahn Stormrage

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

Stormrage straightened his posture. Through sheer will he completely hid is tiredness, "I prefer sword and lance. The bow is for commoners, and yes we will participate in your Olympics. You don't stand a chance. There are no better archers than Narlins."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Erica Cross

Post by Erica Cross »

"You've never gone up against me and mine." Erica said with a smile. "And don't diss a well trained archer. Swords and lances are too close. I can be a safe distance away and put an arrow between the eyes of a lancer before he had a chance to throw it." she sized him up. "When was the last time you actually slept? You can will yourself to hide the exhaustion but eventually it will win. Perhaps a good deep tissue massage, followed by a soak in a hot bath and a good night's rest in the most secure facility in the Alliance would work wonders. Trust me, I had to practically have Jon's secret service lock him in one of our secure VIP quarters but he came out a new man. Give me two days and I can make you feel like the Emperor you used to be. At least for a little while."
Erica Cross
Terra Alpha Olympic Archery Biathlon Team
Presidential Compound Personal Trainer

Dalahn Stormrage

"My sleep is none of your concern," Stormrage said bluntly, "and it's inappropriate for you to speak of such things. Good day madam," He turned for the door and paused turning to Jon. "I will be at the Narlin Embassy for the next week or so."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Be that as it may... she does have a point. You do look exhausted." Jon said and gave him a firm handshake. "Perhaps I'll drop in on you at the Embassy myself. We'll have drinks."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Dalahn Stormrage

"Then the Empire's hospitality shall be extended to you." Stormrage then bowed deeply with his right fist to his heart, an act of a Narlin noble to their own emperor. This was the ultimate sign of respect that even elicited a reaction from normally impassive Imperial Guard as most seen Jon as equal to their Emperor.
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale