The Veil Between Life and Death

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Trinity Talon

Re: The Veil Between Life and Death

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I love her." Trinity chuckled as she watched her run out. "Preview of coming attractions..." she touched her own belly and winked her eye at Ethan. "I have this feeling Diana is going to be quite the firebrand, seems the women in both our families tend to run like that. Although I'm pretty sure our son is going to be quite a guy... if he's anything like his father. Which reminds me, you take my son on one of those bucking broncos... I'm tanning your hide and wearing it as a purse." she gave him a look which gave no doubt she was serious.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Typical type-a personality," Ethan muttered. "Like a starship captain you need a doctor who can make immediate and decisive decisions often with incomplete information. That means they don't tend to slow down. And fine I'll teach Diana to ride broncs and Arthur to ride bulls," he teased. "I can't teach her how to run barrels, I don't know a thing about that."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"That's better." Trinity said with a smile. "I plan to teach her gymnastics, so she'll be able to move more fluidly. I always wanted to take more gymnastics but well... on the battle field training worked too. And they'll learn sword play... keep them agile and aware of their surroundings when we're not around." she glanced at the cowboy hat. "Y'know dear... someday you're going to have to be a little less rough and tumble, I would like us to go into our retirement years without having to ride around in hover chairs when we're like 120 or something."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan chuckled, "That day might be getting sooner than later. I haven't fallen off like that since I was a kid. I might have hang up the ol' bronc saddle and go to judging rodeos instead. Or I guess I can do what Chris LeDoux did and start my music career."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Hey, we're a musical family... I'm sure Olivia wouldn't mind you borrowing the Mata Hari while she's busy with the shipping business. Three albums in less than a year is insane even if they're half covers and two tours... saw that one coming." Trinity chuckled. "Lana has been trying to get me to talk you into doing a duet with her someday. She really likes hanging out with you, even more so since you taught her to ride."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen. I can pluck an old guitar, but my singing is just enough to get by for singing on the porch or in church."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"You really underestimate yourself... besides that describes like ... every country singer out there." Lana said as she poked her head in the room. "Hey I came as soon as I heard. I may have gotten a speeding ticket on my way here..." she blushed. "And I don't exactly have my license..." she walked over and held Ethan's hand. "I told the moms that I'd help you two out if I could."

"I'll take care of it." Trinity said with a smile. "That was sweet of you."

"Hey, you and Ethan have been so good to me and to mom... besides, with mom taking a little break it's either remedial school work or helping you in addition to my usual practicing. And it's not like you and I couldn't do that duet... wouldn't mind branching out a little. I HAVE been toying with trying something besides keyboards." Lana said as she reached into her purse. "I'm not sure how long you're going to be stuck here but... I know how boring it is to be stuck in a hospital bed, it's that cowboy novel that you loaned me. Thought you'd like something to read while you're basically not able to sleep much."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan chuckled, "Thanks. You look good kid."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"I wish I could tell you the same Ethan... but for some reason when you're beaten up a bit, it kinda works for you." Lana chuckled lightly. "Mom calls it 'Battle makeup.' Although I could entirely conceal those bruises with make up, momma Kirby taught me how to do that after I slipped on a stage and slammed my face on a stage monitor."

Trinity stifled a laugh and smirked behind her hand. "If you get Ethan to wear make up I will pay your college."

"OHHH that sounds like a challenge." Lana replied with a grin. "Although it would be nice to see Ethan all polished up and handsome for your Christmas card. Not like that shit show from last year."

"That was actually hilarious." Trinity said as she thought back to it. "Everyone talks about it... although I might wait until the twins are born, should be before Christmas. If they follow Ryder family traditions of being a month or so early. There's one girl so I'm pretty sure she'll be as impatient as I was and mom and Aunt Livvy."

"We get that from Grandma Tess, Grandma Julie... she had a ton of patience." Lana sand and looked at Ethan's arm. "Y'know since Grandpa Nick is gone... he had that one really cool 'for emergencies only' bionic arm thing in his lab, you'd look kinda badass with it."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"No, I think I'm good. On both accounts," he replied defiantly. "Last thing I need is some sort of Doctor Octopus contraption hanging off my shoulder looking like some sort of a tramp in the red light district of Capital City."