The Veil Between Life and Death

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Trinity Talon

Re: The Veil Between Life and Death

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Calloway? That... name sounds really familiar. I'll have to go into my old Yeoman files to be sure. Don't discount dreams or visions dear... " she pointed to her back. "My mother had a dream of my wings and she ended up having scars on her own body through our maternal bond. I'm so glad we amended the uniform code to allow tattoos since most of our Maori guard are heavily tattooed. I'd hate to have the scars removed because I'm sure it would affect mom as well." she touched his cheek. "He may be a bastard for what he did to your mother, but he gave me you. And I adore you." she kissed his lips and smiled. "So... why don't we get you back home and into our big King sized bed and lock the doors."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Umm..." he blushed feeling Aimee's and Tess's eyes on him.

"I do believe it is advisable for you remain under observation for at least the night, " Aimee said.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Tess Ryder

Post by Tess Ryder »

"Who do you think would be doing the observing... if not Mrs. Talon?" Tess said with a smile. "Just don't break him Trinity... "

"As long as I can stay here..." Trinity said as she took a seat.

"You ARE tiny... you could probably share his biobed." Tess replied with a light chuckle. "How are you so small carrying twins... I got HUGE when I had my sets of twins."

"Lei genes." Trinity teased.

"You share genes with me too sweetie... " Tess replied and put her arm around Aimee's shoulders. "I have to say, I'm so happy that you married into the Sandoval family... now I can legitimately call Aimee here family. I've been looking for another to pass on my knowledge and my clinics to eventually. Only had the one daughter follow me into medicine. I've got two hospitals and three clinics... "
Rear Admiral Tess Ryder-Kellow
Director of Terra Alpha Naval Medical Hospital

Young Aimee

Post by Young Aimee »

This time Aimee blushed, "I don't know what to say doctor, but thank you. I am a long a ways from taking over though. I still have medical school and residency to finish."

Tess Ryder

Post by Tess Ryder »

"Well I wasn't talking tomorrow." Tess replied. "I'm still a very long way away from retiring. Just as you Ethan, my dear grandson in law... you are a very long way away from that final repose. You have a lot of living left."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grunted in amusement, and then winced in pain. "Yeah, that's what my dream said."

"Well Doctor," Aimee said with a grin. "I have bio chemistry, and Dr. Phalox likes to use pop quizzes to ensure perfect attendance. I can't choose my assignment once I graduate unless I'm at the top of my class, and that means straight As."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Tess Ryder

Post by Tess Ryder »

"Take it from another teacher's pet, straight A student... a B won't kill you or your career." Tess replied. "Live a little. I mean... the only man I was really ever with, was Leo. Sure I had a few boy friends and lots of other friends but y'know... it wasn't until I was older and all my friends were work related. But I was so damn focused on my grades I forgot to live."

Young Aimee

Post by Young Aimee »

"I can think about slowing down when I get put into a residency program," Aimee said with a grin. "Last thing I want is a posting on a garbage scowl or a comm station."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"There is SO little chance of that." Trinity replied. "Even if you showed up stoned and in a 'Nurses Do It With Needles' t-shirt on for a class. " she winked at Tess. "Teri told me of that one time..."

"Ohhh that was my one and only time that I tried some herbal thing and I was soooo messed up. I couldn't find my uniform... just that insane t-shirt and a pair of shorts and I still got more than a passing score. You'll be like that Aimee, you know your stuff... probably more off the top of your head than I ever did."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Young Aimee

Post by Young Aimee »

"Thanks cousin," Aimee said with a grin, "but I really do need to get to class. And, it looks like I'm showing up in dirty scrubs and completely sober. I'm sure I'll be the example again." She rolled her eyes in exasperation. 'See you," She waved and jogged out of the room.