Dark Saturday

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Ophelia

Dark Saturday

Post by Ophelia »

Cardassia Prime --

Ophelia's ship touched down and a couple of troopers emerged from the ramp first to assess the area. Walking back up they gave her the all clear. Gul Min's compound was a short walk away, but she thought it best to approach on foot. To seem less of a threat and more an ally. Although she didn't quite care for Cardassians or their planet, but she had a mission and she was to do it as non violently as possible.

The breeze whipped the black and grey wrap dress around her long black leather booted legs as she made her way to the ornate gate that surrounded his compound. It was clear it was something that had been around for a long time, and from the looks of the pock marks on the stone work, it was something that had kept out a fair share of would be intruders over the years.

"State your business." a gruff voice barked over the comm on the outer gate.

"My name is Ophelia of the House of Dominus, heiress of the Scions of Sol. I sent a message earlier to Gul Min requesting a face to face meeting." Ophelia replied. "I am here unarmed and with no ill intent."

"Yes... he told me you would be here... why should I let you in? Why shouldn't we simply capture you for the rather large bounty on anyone connected to Dominus... or simply kill you where you stand?" the voice inquired.

"Well that would rather inhospitable and suicidal. If anything happens to me, my guards are ordered to level this place to the smallest stone and erase every trace of Gul Min's bloodline wherever they may be." Ophelia said with a sweet expression. "But you wouldn't want to do that to a potential ally."

"Very well... but you are watched. Anything funny..." he threatened.

"And you will kill me... good heavens are all security officers such lovely pricks?" Ophelia chuckled as the gate opened and she walked inside.
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Varyn Min

Re: Dark Saturday

Post by Varyn Min »

After giving Ophelia a significant wait Gul Min entered the room which she waited. "I trust my guards didn't make you feel too unwelcomed madam. They are not too used to outsiders here," he announced as he crossed the study and sat down at a desk facing her. "Can I interest you in a glass of kanar?"
Gul Varyn Min
Cardassian 2nd Order

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"Only if you are." Ophelia said with a slight smile. "As for your guards, they're typical security. Only doing their jobs the way they think they must." she cocked her head slightly. "Much as we all do, we do the job in the manner we think we should because that is what others expect. So tell me, are you... happy with the way things are? Or are you simply going along with it because that is what is expected of you, not what you truly want to do?"
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Varyn Min

Post by Varyn Min »

He flipped two crystal glasses upright from a tray at the edge of the desk and filled them with the black liquid. "I am a Carddassian," he replied cryptically. "I support Cardassia."
Gul Varyn Min
Cardassian 2nd Order

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"So what does that look like to you?" Ophelia said as she replied. "What does YOUR Cardassia look like to you?" she accepted the glass and sat on the edge of a table. "What would make your Cardassia... great again?"
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Varyn Min

Post by Varyn Min »

"It means," he started as he lifted the kanar to his lips and took a drink, "It means a strong Cardassia where others tremble at the mear mention of our race. It means we aren't concerned about about the affairs of Bajorans, Klingons, humans or anyone else. It means non-Cardassians are purged from our territories. Aliens destroy our culture and dilute our blood with their dirty offspring."
Gul Varyn Min
Cardassian 2nd Order

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"How positively xenophobic... I rather like it. So refreshing to hear spoken out loud. It's true though, some worlds were simply not meant to be inhabited by any other than the dominant species." Ophelia replied. "As a... dirty alien... I rather tend to agree, you start mixing with Terrans, Bajorans, Klingons... who knows what will happen. Not to mention, what was once a strong culture is lost forever." she sipped the kanar and looked at him. "What if you had not only the means, but the support to make that happen. Cardassia for Cardassians. There are dozens of worlds outside your borders that the non Cardassians can go to."
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Varyn Min

Post by Varyn Min »

"Go?" Min smirked, "No, no, no. Expelling them will only create a potential enemy. The dead do not create future problems." He sighed, "Unfortunately the military doesn't control Cardassia anymore, and the Dutapa Council is nothing more than a bunch of sniveling politicians. They are just as weak as the Bajorans."
Gul Varyn Min
Cardassian 2nd Order

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"Oh I entirely agree with the dead do not create problems sentiment... I am so pleased that you said that." Ophelia said as she took a sip of her kanar and set it on the table. "There are a very elegant solutions to the problem. One is simply rounding them up and vaporizing them. BUT that is rather public and may bring the wrath of other governments upon your head. They frown on simply doing mass executions simply for race and origin, BUT there are still ways. Viruses, accidents.. supposed acts of nature that leave you looking like a strong leader and the Cardassians regaining their rightful place in the galactic order of things. With your military at the forefront. Defending and expanding your reach."
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Varyn Min

Post by Varyn Min »

"Be that as it may," Min started, "I am not a Rumulan, nor am I part of the Obsidian Order. Sneaking around covertly isn't something that comes naturally. I prefer a phaser in my hand directly taking care of a problem."

He stood, crossing his arms he stared down at her from her seated position, "And I suppose this is where you come along offering help. What's in it for you? Why should I trust you? There's an old expression , 'A morvian doesn't roll far from the nest'. I know not to trust your parents, and I think I shouldn't trust you. I expect that if the whim serves you, you would plunge your kliden into my back at the first opportunity."
Gul Varyn Min
Cardassian 2nd Order