Time to Grow Up

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Órlaith

Time to Grow Up

Post by Órlaith »

It didn't matter that she was really less than a year old. From her perspective, thanks to the time dilation machine from her perspective she was eighteen. She was a woman... not that she wasn't one yesterday, but setting goalposts and following them is what makes society function.

She would be a Jase'dasis, even if the Jase'dasis wouldn't except her. She could follow their philosophy with or without the guidance of a master or counsel.

She stared down at the pair of glowing violet kliden crystals. In this reality the crystals were used in warp drives and went by another name. Without the infusion of the ijulna she supposed dilithium was as good as a name as any. The benefit of any sort of alignment through the ijulna meant the the user simply needed to pick a crystal and attune it to themselves, rather than having to search for a crystal that matched you.

She set one of the crystals down on the workbench and set it other into the emitter setting of a new kliden that she had constructed over the past week or so. Twisting the kliden shut she examined her work.

It was a standard length kliden with a hilt that gently curved giving it a more ergonomic hold. The hilt was wrapped in black leather and twisted brass wire wound around the hilt gave the kliden extra grip. The pommel was brass meticulously carved into a close tulip and then polished to a mirror shine. There was a simple finger guard that arched back towards the hilt.

She repeated the process in a sister kliden and with both in hand she gave them a test activation. Twin purple blades hummed as she admired her handiwork, and gave them a few practice test swings and flourishes.
Órlaith
Daughter of Dominus & Bellatrix

James Cross

Re: Time to Grow Up

Post by James Cross »

"Those look pretty cool." James said as he walked into the workshop with a couple of cups of steaming hot tea. "I like the brass and the black leather, cool combination." he set the cup down for her on the workbench and hopped up on the stool she was sitting at previously. "Need a sparring partner? I may not be a Jase or anything, but I could shoot at you and you could try to block my shots. Liara and I spend a lot of time in the firing range lately. Mac hasn't been joining me since she had some ear infection and like... has no balance."
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"That's child's play," she said as she deactivated the klidens and hooked them to her belt. "But, it is a perishable skill. Sure, I'd like that."
Órlaith

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Cool... let me grab my guns." James said as he walked over to the tall weapons locker and entered in his pass code. "I think this is the first time you've agreed to let any of us train with you."
James "Half Round" Cross

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"Yeah well," she said with a sigh. "I haven't exactly trusted myself. My training was intense, and since I was released from the time dilation chamber I was expected to kill or be killed. Training like that is... well I don't exactly what that means, but I know it isn't normal, and I certainly don't want to hurt any of you."
Órlaith

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Well mom and dad...' James said and chuckled. "Liara and Dad... are master assassins... they're used to not holding back." he sighed and shook his head. 'I know she's not mom... Selene... but she's so close and in some ways, a tad less screwed up than she was. I really came to love her as a mother. I wish you could have met her. She was hard and twisted like you but she had a softer side that she'd share with us kids. Mac and Jason and Carly and I knew her in a different way than the others." he looked at his gun and smiled. "She taught me a lot. Always wanted to try my skills against someone that could block my shots. Or at least try."
James "Half Round" Cross

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"Blocking isn't really that difficult once you learn how to use the ijulna. It's just a matter of being able to read your opponent and direct the ijulna to your reflexes and speed. The real trick is learning how to redirect the energy. The more skilled can even redirect the energy beam back at the one doing the shooting! Don't worry I do not possess that skill, but just the same you probably ought to set your phaser to it's lowest stun setting. I've been known to be a bit... unpredictable."
Órlaith

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Oh I know that much already. Y'know Orlaith... I completely understand why people think the worst of you." James said as he set up his phaser. "I mean I look exactly like the guy that helped dismantle the Federation and subjugated Earth. JT and I get glares from people literally every day. I even see how some people look at my girlfriend and her mother. You may have come from a crap family but you've got a soul that's more pure than they ever could be. There have been so many opportunities these past weeks that you've lived with us, for you to take advantage of our 'weakness' and 'sentimental nonsense.' but you didn't. Dad's gone to bat for you more than once. Maybe because people have wanted to shove mom in a dark hole too. Simply because of what she was simply trained to do against her will. You didn't ask for your life to be your life, but when you made that choice to make a change... you did that. And that is pretty freakin' cool." he gave her a smile and chuckled. "And now that I've flattered you... " he set up the training simulator in the workshop. "Let's see what you got blondie."
James "Half Round" Cross

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"People don't like me?" She asked with mock innocence. With a shrug, "At first I did... I did things because I didn't know any better. Then I did it to survive. Mama doesn't like failure, and I doubt my father would be very understanding either."

She drew her klidens and shifted into a ready stance, and laughed at herself, "Mama would say duel klidena is showing off. I imagine she's right, but what do I do with my right hand? Unlike Ophelia or Ian I'm not as good with the Ijulna, but I am excellent with a kliden."
Órlaith