The Burden of two Oaths

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Dougal MacDonald

Re: The Burden of two Oaths

Post by Dougal MacDonald »

"Nay lass. I want nothing to do with that. The wee gomeril of a king is just playing an does'n ken what he's doing. I will talk to Ethan an we'll get you some Marines on your ships."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Well as a former Navel Intelligence officer... I should think that idea of his is insane, but as a spy... it's smart. Another military on planet that isn't in the usual chain of command. Have to think smarter these days. If the Scions invade they'll certainly go after our military but if another force is available that they aren't quite expecting, it could turn the tide in the Alliance's favor. We did something similar during the last Borg War. The Borg were focused on Starfleet that they didn't see strikes coming from outside actors, sure they adapted but it gave us time to push them back long enough to do something." Olivia said and sighed heavily. "Just because I promised myself and the family that I've given up the spy life, doesn't mean I can't consult or give advice. I toppled my first government when I was 20. Marius 2. Took out the entire cabinet, the puppet president and his string pullers in the course of a week. No one expected a tiny Asian girl. I wasn't a threat. Except when I was. Two weeks later the Federation had control again."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Dougal MacDonald

"What are ye saying?" He asked suspiciously. "That I should take the job?"

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"I mean that's entirely up to you and Aimee... but there is something to be said for a little national pride." Olivia shrugged her shoulders. "At least you don't have to feel like you're flouting Uniform Code by wearing your tartan."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Dougal MacDonald

Dougal made a guttural sound, "We have considerable leeway as militia. General Talon encouraged it and General Lei has continued that support."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Still it could be fun." Lana said with a half smile. "Not that there's a tiny bit of me that's Scottish, but the Alliance has always sort of supported cultures and traditions. And you Scots have been fighters for a long time and have wanted more independence to do things for an even longer time. I have a friend in the Maori Corps that joked that they wanted to do sort of do something similar, but really don't want to undertake the hassle, but your King has already started the process and has a lot of people working on it. Could be exciting... be a part of history."

"Are we actually trying to talk him into this?" Olivia chuckled. "It's still a crazy idea... but hell... this Alliance was a crazy idea and it worked. And I'm the daughter of the guy who started this. All his half cooked ideas that he had for years and all the 'if I was in charge I'd do this' things... and somehow we're like the new Federation. So really... who knows... maybe this is what needs to happen, so another Fall doesn't happen again."

"Or so when the whole Dominus situation somehow gets resolved... and I'm optimistic enough that it will eventually... that all the work you put into building a military actually lasts . I mean... part of the reason I'm not a 4 year old and I'm a grown girl is because the other kids that were taken with me were a test of the age acceleration process and we were going to be sold as either 'pleasure'... things... or disposable grunts. Thankfully my Uncle Jack helped my mind catch up to my body but... there are plenty of bad people that are using these wars to do some really nasty things. And if it wasn't for me being taken, I doubt anyone would have stopped us in time. I used to have nightmares about when I was kidnapped, but now... I see it as a blessing. It helped mom and Aunt Aimee track us down and stopped Vinelli and her network from continuing. Guess my point is... more than one set of eyes, in this case more than one military on this planet may not be a bad thing."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Dougal MacDonald

"Aye well... I dinnae ken what ta make of this whole arse backwards situation. Aye, another military might be a good idea. At the very least force the wee buggers to have to pay attention to both of us."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Course no one said you had to do anything... you know we can find a place for you here. Be some sexy bald Scottish eye candy." Olivia teased.
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Dougal MacDonald

"Uh huh," he replied with a sound like rocks in a barrel.

"I think it's a requirement for a Scot to be continually dour. Probably comes with the weather," Aimee interjected.

"I am not!"

"You are. I think I've seen you smile twice, and one of those times was not at our wedding."

"Aye well, you may be right, mo chridhe. It does our mood no good being surrounded by sasanachs."

"I'm a sasanach."

"Aye well, I love you."