Burden of Two Oaths: Part 2

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Órlaith

Re: Burden of Two Oaths: Part 2

Post by Órlaith »

"Not precisely why I joined up. I figured I needed to help clean up my mess... Well the mess I helped create anyway. It wasn't like a clone army was my greatest ambition. That your guy?" She pointed one of the musicians out who was leering in their direction.
Órlaith
Daughter of Dominus & Bellatrix

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"That's him... I get a really weird vibe off him... and I don't have a ton of frame of reference to either.. I mean you and I are similar, we're age accelerated. I only got my 'street smarts' because my uncle Jack sorta gave them to me based on my mums." Lana said and held herself. "There are days I do feel like that five year old little girl..." she whispered.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"Never was five," Órlaith said with a frown, "And yeah, I haven't a lot of experience myself, but I figure we can muddle through it some how. Let's put him on the defensive. That's often a good tactic."

Putting on her mother's ice queen expression she stode boldly towards the man feeling vaguely ridiculous, and self-conscious. "What's your thing for my friend? Are you some kind of pervert that likes little kids?"
Órlaith

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"She doesn't look so little to me... or you for that matter." He said with a creepy grin as he leered at them. "Why don't you two come to the back and I'll show you girls a good time... " he reached out to take both Orlaith and Lana's hands. "C'mon... it'll be fun..."

"See what I mean?" Lana said as she dodged his hands. "I told you I wasn't interested."

"Dress like that... you're interested..." he chuckled. "The blonde's in uniform... but you..."

Lana winced and her eyes darted to Orlaith. This was bringing back way too many uncomfortable memories. Not that she was ever... used. But other girls were. And she could only watch.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

"What she's wearing is none of your concern. She didn't wear it for you so you can be a grade A douche nozzle." Órlaith reached out with the ijulna and grabbed him by the testicles, and squeezed. Not enough to illicit pain, but certainly enough discomfort to get his attention. "Yes, that's me," she said coldly as she lifted her uniform jacket to reveal the hilt of a kliden and let the jacket fall back into place

She moved in within a few inches of him. He had the stong scent of male arousal and fear. In a perfect imitation of her mother's coldness Órlaith spoke, "You don't know me. Obviously. I have taken great pains to conceal that information, but for you I will make an exception. That said I think you do know my parents. I am the youngest daughter of Dominus and Bellitrix. My sister is Ophelia, and my brother Ian. I was more created than born, and I was raised to kill without compassion or guilt. While most children are going to school to learn their ABC's I was taught how to effectively torture someone. While they were playing dodge ball I was learning how to use a kliden, and I am very good with it indeed. And, if you make it out of this alive; tonight when you are grabbing your tiny little pecker because no woman would have you remember that Lana is five and I am less than a year old."
Órlaith

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

He had a fearful look in his eyes that unfortunately his brain interpreted as reacting in the only way he could. "You're both bitches that's what you are!"

Lana, uncharacteristically had enough and seeing Orlaith threaten him and give her little hushed speech, gave her just enough boldness to haul off and punch him the gut and knocked him down where she stepped on his throat. "We may be young, but we're tired of you already." she had her fists clenched and was breathing heavily. "Don't you EVER try this with another girl again, no matter how old she is!" she removed her foot and looked at Orlaith, that temporary mixture of boldness and anger was starting to already dissolve. She had never hit a person in anger. Sure she sparred with her 'big' brother and some of the Marines, but never actually hit someone.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

Órlaith gave Lana an appreciative nod, and helped him to his feet, "Now, what do you have to say for yourself?"

Lana knocking him down had started to draw a crowd, and Órlaith wanted to wrap things up before her secret was totally exposed.
Órlaith

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

He glared at the two girls and then he felt a harsh jerk on his arm pull him up.

"You fucking idiot..." the lead singer said with a slap upside his head. "Get the hell out... you're done." he looked at the crowd. "Alright nothin' to see here... just an idiot getting what he deserved."

"Thanks..." Lana said as she crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry... I heard rumors but never actually saw it. He deserved that hit. I probably would have knocked his lights out and a medic would have had to taken him home." he shook his head. "Not the way you treat someone who came to help us. I'm sure if he pulled that with your mom or your Aunts, he probably would be dead or eating out of a tube for a while."

Lana giggled slightly. "Yeah that they would be... Eric, my friend Orlaith."

"Ah one of the new enlistees... saw your little squad. Respect." he put his fist to his chest. "If it wasn't for the artificial leg and a bionic lung, I probably would have been putting on a uniform too. At least I can still hit the high notes. I was one of the survivors of the Capitol Incident... that beam took my leg."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder

Órlaith

Post by Órlaith »

Órlaith winced in sympathy, and to her surprise she really was sympathetic to his ordeal. "That is most unfortunate. So, you are down a musician."
Órlaith

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Y'know it's cool... it's fine. He was usually off key and thought he was God's gift or whatever..." He shrugged his shoulders. "I can sing and play guitar I just preferred to be lead singer, let me get a bit more into engaging the crowd." Eric gave her a smile and a nod of his head. "Listen... I'm really sorry either of you had to go through that. I have a little sister that kinda reminds me of both of you. Anyone pulled that on her, I'd twist their neck off."

"Appreciate that Eric. You've restored my faith in your gender." Lana said with a slight laugh.

"Tell you what, I'll pick up your friends' tab and double the gig pay for you Lana. I hope you still play with us sometimes, the others really enjoy your vocal harmonies and your keyboard skills. Besides, you got it in you to be an amazing musician... " Eric said and glanced at the other recruits. "Although I wouldn't blame you if you someday put on a uniform."

"The thought did cross my mind but... I think that can always come later. I enjoy music, its kind of the one creative outlet I have that I'm good at, not much of an artist or writer, at least not yet... full disclosure, my life experience is barely five years... age acceleration and telepathic knowledge dump. Less than two years ago I was barely able to write my name and count to ten." Lana whispered. "My life is weird."

"Eh... doesn't matter what you were two years ago, just what you are today. Two years ago I was suicidal and angry at the universe. Then... your grandfather visited me and kind of changed my mindset. Everyone thought he was dead and he was tortured and nearly lost a lot of people under his watch... but he told me one thing that stuck with me. Anger at the past won't make you happier about the future. I could choose to live in my self pity and anger or I could move forward and do something with my life, try something entirely new and insane and crazy. So I started this band, hell we barely even have a name that lasts more than a couple gigs and a line up that literally changes almost as much, but... I see the faces of our fans and hear them singing along to the old songs we sing and y'know... if we can make someone forget the pain for a couple hours, it's worth it."

"That was almost beautiful Eric." Lana said softly and nodded her head. "My grandfather is a wise man... I wish he was around but that's why he left, he had to do something different for his family, his young son and his wife."

"After all that's gone on... I can't blame him. Especially with that Dominus guy that looks like him around. Orlaith... I give you and the others a lot of credit for enlisting now. After what his people have done... yikes. But... Alliance Navy seems way stronger than Starfleet ever was. Dominus will be just another former enemy." Eric said with a smile.

"Here's hoping." Lana nodded her head and put her arm across Orlaith's shoulders.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder