And So It Begins: New Scotland

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Malcolm Foster

Re: And So It Begins: New Scotland

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"I set up a forward command post... unless y'like crawlin' in the dirt?" Malcolm replied. "An' we have shielding that is starship grade. Need to be smart about this lad." he cocked his head. "An' I do believe I hear our own infantry on the way... where in the hell did y'get so many pipers? I could only find one retired ol' piper for m'own weddin'. Course T'Kir hates bagpipes... sensitive hearing, but she wears earplugs."
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Dougal MacDonald

Post by Dougal MacDonald »

"A quarter of the population of Scotland immigrated here lad. You dinnae think all the pipers stayed on Earth did you?"

Dougal looked back towards the enemy and sighed. He wanted to to tear them apart limb from limb. He wanted to use his ceremonial backsword and give them an old fashioned highland charge, but he neither had the sword on him and this wasn't the 18th Century and those troopers weren't the English. Sighing he nodded, "Sergent Hawkins notify General Graham, and Colonel McClellan to pull out and fall back to the Vice President's CP." The Sergent, who was wearing civilian clothes saluted Dougal and totted off to carry out his orders.

"Aye, let's bugger off out of here," Dougal said to Malcolm.

T'Kir

Post by T'Kir »

Later --

T'Kir arrived in the CP and wiped the blood off her face with a shredded remnant of her blazer that was cut into pieces and used as knee and elbow pads. "I need a new gun." she said as she threw the sniper rifle that looked twisted and burnt. "Was runnin' off and some bloody clone bitch blasted me in the back, hit the gun. We're whittlin' them down but they're makin' a bleedin' mess out there."

Malcom went over and embraced her and wiped a droplet of blood from her cheek. "Like you eh luv?"

"Aye... I kind of lost m'cool and beat the living shite out of that trooper. I... forgot how brutal I can be when I'm mad and there's war going on." T'Kir said with a soft sigh and shook her head. "Please tell me this is gonna get mopped up sooner than later eh?"

"Wish I could say..." Malcolm said as he brought her over to the holographic situation display. "We're retaking the city block by block, but it's bloody... and it's gonna be days, weeks before we know how many we truly lost. Luckily we've taken out their heavy armor and the shielding and defensive turrets are doing the job of keepin' them from addin' to the troops they have already on the ground."
T'Kir d'Zarndeln T'Radiak-Foster
Congresswoman District 1
Terra Alpha Speaker of the House

David Sackett

Post by David Sackett »

"My troopers are keeping them contained," Lt. Colonel Sackett added. "Those hover bikes gives us maneuverability that the enemy doesn't have, and it keeps them from sweeping around and flanking us."

"Aye I thought ye were bloody daft when you added them to your division. There hasn't been a proper cavalry unit in centuries, but there's no denying their usefulness," Dougal said. "I thought a lot of things were daft to be honest. This whole Scottish Army I thought his Highness was just playing, but if we hadn't been here there may not have been a city for you folk to save."

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"I remember the order for those bikes... President Ryder wanted to give T'Kir one... " Malcolm said with a chuckle. "So lads, I think I found a solution here to keep them out... we've got sensor data on pretty much all of them. I'm still tryin' to get through the communication scrambling but if I CAN... we can lock onto every white armored blighter... and beam them into space." he winced. "It's so bloody brutal and hardly fair but... Dominus is hardly a fair man."
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Dougal MacDonald

Post by Dougal MacDonald »

The roar of engines overhead shook the ground. An A-19 flew in close formation with a pair of F-39s. They dived towards the enemy units. The A-19 released its payload of photon warheads carpet bombing an entire brigade as the fighters followed up with the firing of their phaser canons. Dougal winced in sympathy as cries of pain, and shouts for a medic rose up.

"Bloody hell," Dougal muttered his face going white. He knew intellectually that they were people, even if they were clones, but this hit him with a realization like a punch to the gut.

The fighters pulled out of their attack run as a trio of black enemy fighters roared after them in retaliation. The Alliance and Scottish soldiers cheered their side on. Dougal wanted to vomit. He looked at Malcolm, "Aye sir. If that is yer plan you'll have ta count me and my men out, but I will no stop you."