And So It Begins: Space

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Órlaith

And So It Begins: Space

Post by Órlaith »

The security team of the TAS Kitea was assembled into am unused cargo bay. An officer with a PADD glanced over the report and muttered something to a junior officer before speaking to the rest.

"You, you and you," he said randomly pointing out crewmen. "Report to engineering. Secure that at all costs against a boarding party. You, and you" he said pointing to Órlaith. "Report to the bridge. The Admiral is your primary objective with a secondary objective of securing the bridge. If the Admiral is killed you better hope you're dead too or I'll finish the job myself."

"Yes sir," Órlaith replied in unison with her companion and they turned and headed for the turbolift.

"So much for the training mission theory, "Lucy Chin said once they were in the corridor.

"Yeah... so much for that," Órlaith muttered as she lead Lucy into the turbolift.

"Did you hear what Ensign Collins reported?"

"Main bridge," Órlaith ordered the turbolift and adjusted her grip on her phaser rifle. "No, what did she say?"

"We're getting attacked everywhere. The Ajem'dasis have taken Hiroshima, and are burning their way to the capital which is under siege too. She said something about New Scotland, but didn't catch what was said about that."

"The Ajem'dasis will want to attack the Navy here too to keep us from reinforcing the troops on the ground. It's a cleaver strategy." And has my brother's signature all over it, she thought to herself.

The lift came to a halt and the doors parted to reveal the Kitea's bridge. Stepping out they came face to face with a red-headed commander, "What are you doing here crewman."

"Mama," Órlaith muttered out of pure shock.

"I ain't your Mama kid, and this isn't your nursery."

"We were ordered to report here to secure the bridge ma'am," Lucy interjected.

"Very well. Stay out of the way," Becky replied and turned her back to them.

"What was that all about?" Lucy demanded.

"Nothing... I was confused. "

"Obviously."
Órlaith
Daughter of Dominus & Bellatrix

Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Re: And So It Begins: Space

Post by Ang'Jhu t'Radiak »

"Well you do have that 'mom' face Commander." Ang said with a smirk as she was walking to a console. "I swear I'm going to murder someone. Alth'Indor is on the other side of the system. Who the frak parked her there? She's station defense if nothing else?" she clenched her fist. "Flagship of my fleet and you shove it out in the..." she took a cleansing breath. "Okay not going to kill in front of the rookies... so I guess I have to make do with what we've got here. I can't remotely control Byron's weapons, they're offline... or they're blocking us. We need to get those capitol city ships that are orbiting overhead taken out and we need to get the city shields back online."

"Then you'll have to take the drive section while we coordinate from the saucer. Nathan'll take the secondary hull." Angel said as she waddled over. "We'll have to make do and do an assault with as much as we've got nearby. Their blockade will make it hard for us to get in reinforcements."

"That's why I need Alth'Indor... and the other ships that came through with me... her.. whatever you know what I mean." Ang said. "We're built for this."

"I'll send for it." Angel said as she tapped some things on her holographic padd and smiled at her 'sister'. "In the meantime... let's just get to taking out Scions."
Colonel Ang'Jhu t'Radiak

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

"They couldn't have hit us at a worse time," Becky said. "After the mauling the 3rd Fleet took at Malcore, Admiral Tomarah sent the Oklahoma Strike Group to reinforce the 3rd. And the Hornet Carrier Group is down for refit. Of the 1st fleet that just leaves the Erebus Carrier Group and what is left of the 414th that isn't working with the Narlins or Romulans."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel nodded her head. "Still, this is what we built Kitea for, planetary defense and a central command point if everything goes to shit." she said and looked at the crew on the bridge. "We'll have to divide some of the teams, but we made this ship able to split into three parts. Get the fighter carrier wing to support the surface ops, we'll use saucer to direct the fight and the drive section to kick ass. Let's also get whatever defensive systems we've been working on up and running, even if they aren't 100% it's 100% than we have going right now."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

Becky typed the orders out to the fleet, "The fleet has been notified. The Erebus is separating and their saucer is forming up on us. The Dock Yards are scrambling to to launch the Archimedes, and the Tuscarora. It will be another hour for the Hornet and two days for the rest."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"We don't have two days, in two days they could easily have a firmer foothold. We need to crush this before tomorrow." Angel said and rested her hand on her belly and sighed. "I hate doing this but... call the Shadow Fleet. Use protocol 837-Delta-29-Charlie. They're the ones that told my father to 'fuck off' when he asked them to formally join the Navy. They're remnant Starfleet that also told the New Federation to kiss their asses. Rag tag fleet of old Klingon, Romulan, Federation and Cardassian ships that sort of... disappear until you really need them. Call them. Tell them The Princess is in the Castle and she's got cookies. They'll know what it means." she tapped her chin. "Also... let's get those new portable replicators we've been field testing set up in the cargo and shuttle bays... start replicating weapons, we can drop them to our forces on the surface as soon as we can get them crated up and beamed or deliver them via torpedo express."

Angel walked over to the Ops station and brought up some of the monitors. "Divert every ounce of power from sciences other than what we need for sensors, shut down the life support on non used decks, lock the lift doors." She ordered the computer. "Bring Miki balls online and load onto warheads. I've got another crazy idea." Angel said with a grin. "They think they can invade our world by force... two can play this game." she quickly programmed a protocol and laughed wickedly. "Dominus screwed with the wrong pregnant genius." she hit the engage command and leaned back. "When we're within firing range of their command ships, I want fourteen torpedoes launched from these tubes... half have MIKI balls loaded. Once the first volley punch a hole and they'll make a hole, the second wave will go in, hit the hull and deploy on contact and then... about a thousand MIKIs will rez from their balls and not stop until they hit the bridge and get control and call us. I may be named Angel but they're getting the Dark Angel... and she isn't so nice to deal with. You never saw me during the Borg war after they wiped out my team... I get smart and I get brutal. I blew out three cubes by introducing a custom virus and explosive command into a drone they made out of a friend of mine. I couldn't move my legs, but I could still type and think."

Becky Sandoval

Post by Becky Sandoval »

Becky sent out the message. She waited a moment, and shook her head, "No response from the Shadow Fleet."

"Admiral, we're being hailed. It's Emperor Stormrage," Ops announced.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"They wouldn't be a Shadow Fleet if they responded immediately..." Angel said with a wink of her eye. "Oh... that's a twist... usually we call him. Put him through." she walked over to the center chair and sat down. "Emperor... I hope you're bringing us good news? We've had all the bad we can take at the moment."

Dalahn Stormrage

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

"We tracked a large fleet crossing our territory heading for the Terra Alpha system. They were blocking communications at the time and we've just now have been able to reestablish comms. I regret we weren't able to warn you, but we didn't sit on our hands either. The Narlin First Fleet is enroute lead by my flagship the Azgramel. They should be there in fifteen minutes."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"That actually is going to be a massive help." Angel said as she brought up the map of their vessels. "I would suggest launching any fighter and air superiority measures immediately upon entering the system hell before you enter the system. Hit them hard, fast and brutal. Just keep the debris away from the planet until we can get planetary shielding back online. Fucking council thought having planetary shields would make it seem like we were 'hiding'. Good thing we didn't listen to them."