And So It Begins: Starbase Byron

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Ophelia

And So It Begins: Starbase Byron

Post by Ophelia »

Starbase Byron

Ophelia and her forced punched through the defenses of Starbase Byron using a captured ARS Freighter. Blowing a massive hole in the cargo docking section. More than a hundred clone troopers and a few dozen Ajem'dasis acolytes and warriors invaded the station. Within less than fifteen minutes they had killed more than a hundred people and injured dozens more. They were going to target the power core, but then Ophelia got it in her head that they should strike the Command Deck first, capture the station and use it for their own purpose of causing chaos.

In the years since Colonel Ang'Jhu t'Radiak was killed the station had been commanded by a number of different Commanders and at this moment the current CO was Captain Steve Malone, who was taking the job as a favor to its previous Commander... and he's regretting being such a nice guy.

"Say I yield this station to you Lady Ophelia." Ophelia said as she pressed her high heel to the back of his neck as he laid face down on the carpet of the Ops deck.

"Fuck you." Steve spat out.

"Such a wrong thing to say dahling..." Ophelia was about to press the trigger on her weapon to blow his head off when another bolt came from behind and bored a clean hole through her shoulder and caused her to drop to the floor.

"I was just stallin blondie." Steve said with a smirk and nodded to the 19 year old dead eye shot Ensign that fired that blast.

"Good show." Another Ophelia said as the one that was shot fritzed and shifted into a near formless android. "Now... as the bucket of bolts said... yield."

"Hardly." Steven said leapt over a console and began opening fire on her and the clones.
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Ethan Talon

Re: And So It Begins: Starbase Byron

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan barged onto OPS with a dozen Marines at his back from the 14th Infantry Regiment. He dove for cover next to Steve as the rest of the Marines dove in separate directions. "Malone," Ethan greeted. "Christ one of the Four Horseman of the Apoolclypse got ambitious." He peeked over the edge and took out a trooper with his phaser. "Half the station is under their control. Had to crawl though a half a mile of Jeffries tubes to get here."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Ophelia?" Ethan shouted over his shoulder. "It is Ophelia right? Look, our moms are essentially the same person.... okay you're right. They're nothing alike, but you know what? Genetically speaking they are identical. That means we have the same blood in our veins. We're family whether you like it or not. You are essentially my sister. What do you say? Why don't you and your goons surrender and we can talk about this. You aren't going to win this. No, I don't mean this battle. You very well could walk away the victor today, but you will not win the war, and you will have lost by personally losing a brother. Let's stop wasting time and lives and admit the inevitable and just go ahead and surrender. I'll make sure you aren't mistreated. Hell, I hear there's a Master Plomac that can several you from the ijulna and you won't have to spend any time in a high security facility. I can come and visit you, and I can get to know this younger sister of mine."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

Ophelia looked at Ethan and gestured to her clone troopers to continue on with their assault, but she walked over to Ethan and cocked her head slightly.

"Are you really that bloody naïve General?" Ophelia said as she put her hands on her hips. "You really think I'm going to just give up? You really think i fear death? You really think I'll shed a single tear ending your life and then your wife and your unborn son and daughter's lives once I get down to your ranch?" she smiled and laughed. "I knew there was a reason why Trinity liked you... you're a good man who's trying to do his best. But let me tell you... your best. Is not nearly enough. Not when you face your worst. Now... I'll make you a counter deal. You join me... and turn to the Ajem'dasis side of things and perhaps I won't make your men and your family into my new throne room decor. By the way... how IS your wifey doing? I hear that even her mother felt the pain of those wings we put on her back. That's fascinating to me... I wonder if your mother will feel your own pain? Mine could give two shits..."
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan tossed the phaser at Ophelia's feet and stood up, "She's fine, and no. No I reckon you will not. Trinity and the babies are perfectly safe. We have allies and defenses that you cannot possibly know about. Everyone on that ranch are combat veterans. Even our house keeper served Starfleet during the Dominion War. They are safe from you. Concerning myself, I'm just as flawed as the rest of us. When I came back from the Imperium War I was a mess. Planned on taking my life twice, and actually tried it once. I came out of it stronger. I don't fear death, but most importantly I don't fear living either. Can the same be said for you?"

He pressed his tongue against a fake molar and felt its familiar resistance. Inside the tooth was a tiny cyanide pill. He would not be taken prisoner again.

Ethan sat casually on the edge of a computer terminal with his hands resting on his thighs. "I meant it when I said we are family. Like it or not that's a fact. I also meant it when I said you will lose this war regardless of what happens today. You can cling to a false hope for a little longer, but the inevitable will happen. And maybe it's your arrogance and cruel nature that keeps you from seeing what everyone else already knows. You mom will be dead. Your father will be dead. Your armies crushed and defeated. That outcome has been determined long ago, and you are just late to the party. You see you have pissed off a lot of folk and they are coming for you."

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

Ophelia was ready to give another biting verbal barb but then she cocked her head slightly. "You actually give a crap about me don't you?" she raised an eyebrow. "I've killed your men, I've had a hand in leveling your cities and tortured members of your family... and you actually are trying to give me a chance? Like a fool I might add..." she crossed her arms and looked at him. "Counter deal. You let me go, no strings, no tracers, no conditions... and I help you kill my father. The old man is too unhinged and he's getting attached to my mother. Mother IS going to die in this, I can see that and I'm BARELY looking into the future with the Iljuna. I've done enough enough damage to this station to make it unusable against us for at least a little while, so the mission is accomplished. While we spoke a custom virus has been disabling pretty much everything offensive, but I'll let you have what's left. Do we have a deal? Brother?"
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan shrugged, "I honestly don't see that I have a choice. I came here for a troop inspection, not to wage a war. I'll hand it to you; you caught us with our pants down."

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"Well that was the plan." Ophelia said proudly. "So shocked that my sister hasn't reared her head yet." she hummed. "I am going to kill her for signing up with your silly little Navy." she gave Ethan a look. "Now that we've got an agreement... my father is going to attempt to use the energy he's been collecting on your sun and then open up every rift and fold everything in. It'll be chaos until the galaxy itself rips itself to shreds. Time, space, reality, everything will go bye bye."
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grunted, "I would think that would be a bad day. As far as your sister goes, I was unaware she joined the Navy. Honestly, I didn't know where she was. Figured she was hanging out and being evil with you. And since you want to kill her I assume her coming here wasn't part of the plan?"

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"No... although it would be simple to just clone her and start over fresh, perhaps with some more family loyalty built in." Ophelia said and rolled her eyes. "But then Dominus siblings killing other siblings is kind of our 'thing'... my half brothers and sisters killed each other. Or so I was told. And my twin Ian... he needs to be put down before he's more machine than man." she smirked and chuckled. "Something you should know a thing or two about eh?"
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus