Vive La Resistance

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Rebecca Talon

Vive La Resistance

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Hag Harbor, built along the coast was constructed in the old world style with achetectural influences from Boston, Philadelphia, and London. There were skyscrapers but nowhere near the scale of Capital City.

There was a Marine command post set up near the assembled army. Under the tent stood General MacDonald of the New Scottish Army and the available division commanders of the III Corps including Kalia Lei and Abraham Martin of the two militia divisions.

A roar of engines overhead revealed three large shuttles of an alien design as they broke through the clouds. The shuttles circled the assembled force of 50,000 they touched down in a clear patch of grass. Marines surrounded the shuttles with their weapons drawn.

As the engines powered down ramps lowered and brown and tan robed Jase'dasis knignts emerged lead by Rebecca Talon. She spoke to one of the Jase and headed for the command post.

She nodded to Dougal and Kalia, "Generals. Sorry we are late. I was on the Kitia when this went down."

"Aye Admiral," Dougal said in his thick bur, "It's good to see you nonetheless."

Kalia Lei

Re: Vive La Resistance

Post by Kalia Lei »

Kalia saluted Rebecca and smiled ."Welcome back... hey we tried to keep this all under control, but weren't quite expecting a sudden invasion of a half million clone troopers who really don't give two shits if they live or die." she sighed. "And yes your daughter in law is safe. Wherever she is."

"About four feet above your heads." Trinity replied as she hovered down to the floor. "I've been discovering levitation... which is great because your son's twins are murdering my feet... mom never got bloated ankles when she was pregnant with me or my other siblings and neither did Grandma Julie. So I'm saying this is a Sandoval or a Talon thing. Either way... the two very iljuna sensitive children within me have been finding new and creative ways to be useful." she looked around at the Generals. "No enemy troop movement within a few kicks of our position, they know we're putting up more of a fight, anti aircraft batteries are keeping them away from the center but they're going to get more bold."

"You're thinking of Imperium battle tactics and if this was Imperium, you'd be right, but... I think they're biding their time for one of the big Four to hit." Kalia said and limped over to Becca. "One of them shot my fake leg. Haven't had a chance to fix it. I really should just have a new one cloned and be done with it. But then Ethan and I wouldn't have that in common anymore. Still haven't heard from him since he went up to Byron."
General Kalia Lei
XO-82nd Volunteer Marine Division

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Hey Trinity," Rebecca greeted with a warm smile. "No, I haven't heard anything from Byron. We expect that they hit that as well. What was he doing up there?"

"He was inspecting our preparation for an attack," the 3rd Infantry Division commander replied. "The unit stationed there is under my command. They were not prepared."

"No one was. The majority of our fleet is out protecting other strategic targets, and we forgot to protect our own backdoor." Rebecca said as one of the Jase'dasis walked up to them. He was a Bajoran and had seen easily fifty years. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Master Lomet Qell, my second in command for this operation. We are going to divide our knights into your units. Your Marines, and soldiers," she added looking Dougal, "can focus on the clones and our knights can deal with the acolytes. I will take six knights and hopefully Underwood and her apprentice here," she pointed at a rise not far from Capital City on the holographic map. "Intelligence suggests that is where Dominus and Ian are leading their assault. Hopefully, if we take out the leadership the clone attack will become disorganized. Besides, it's our best bet to seriously cripple their leadership. Bellatrix may not be able to control the Scions, and that tenuous alliance will hopefully crumble into civil war."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Okay, let'sget down to it," Rebecca said looking down at the holographic map before them. She entered commands into the interface to download the latest intelligence.

She pointed to four red pyramids, "Those are the artillery batteries shelling the capital. There's still pockets of civilians stranded in the city."

"Aye," Dougal rumbled anticipating where Rebecca was going with it. "I'll take care of them."

"No Dougal, we need a surgical strike. We don't need pipes, drums and q couple thousand screaming Scotsmen to scare the bageezus out of the enemy. General Lei, pick your best Marines and take those batteries out."

Rebecca pointed to a line of red to the north and south of main body of clone troops. "Thos are the guns are what's keeping our close air support away. Dougal do your thing. Before our A-19s and gunboats can move into position those guns have to be eliminated."

"Aye lass," Dougal replied. "It will be done. Dinae worry." The big Scotsman turned and started shouting orders to a cadre of kilted warriors.

Rebecca glanced at the chronometer and sighed, "It appears Underwood declined my invitation. Master Q'ell" she said to her second in command, "Assemble a twenty Jase'dasis team. Be mobile and quick. I need you in the thick of the fighting no matter where. We can't do it all, but we can save some lives."

"Of course Master Talon. It will be done."

"Good. General Lei, with the absence of General Talon, you are in charge of everything down here. Let's get to it."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

The group of Jase'dasis had maneuvered around the backside of the enemy command post. The terrain was steep and there were no trails over the rocks and through the trees and brush.

The trek had taken over two hours to complete and by the time they peered over the edge the Terra Alphan sun was already low in the sky and to their backs. Not something Rebecca had planned, but it was a happy accident.

Below were a score of white clad clone troopers and the mismatched outfits of the Son's of Scion. Their backs were turned to them as they were watching the battle play out. Rebecca made several silent signs to her fellow Jase'dasis.

Standing they activated their klidens and jumped off the rock ledge that backed the enemy CP. They were greeted with phaser and disruptor fire, but the ijulna and their klidens protected them.

Rebecca carved her way through several clones. She felt sympathy for them the most. They were bred and programmed to be who they were. At least the Scions were there by choice.

She broke through the lines and was met by Ian his crimson kliden extended. He didn't say a word, just ran at her full tilt. He was good, Rebecca admitted to herself, but inexperienced. They clashed for several key seconds which felt like minutes before she got the upper hand. He kliden sliced through both wrists sending Ian's kliden spinning off over the slope.

Extending her free hand she used the ijulna to shove Ian off his feet, "Sit down kid." Rebecca stared at Dominus for the first time. So much like Nick, but there was something else about him. A twisted evil perhaps that manifested physically on his features.

"It's over Dominus. We have contained your Armies in New Scotland and our own have been rallied, and we're working on making it so you can no longer call up anymore rifts to bring in reinforcements."

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"Ah but soon I won't need them... because once I open all the rifts then the universe will literally tear itself asunder and all this will be moot." Dominus said as he stepped away from the console he was working on in the command post. He had an air of non chalant calmness about him. "You can feel it, I'm sure... the way the Iljuna is warring with itself. Sure you can use it but not as you could if I wasn't manipulating it." he smiled and there was no warmth or kindness in his eyes, just malicious intent. "You see, the way to cloud the Iljuna from your Jase'dases senses... is to put so much pain and confusion into it. Why do you think it reacts more violently than you sometimes think it would?"

Reaching under his robe he pulled out his own kilden. "I suppose you want to fight me in your way... I should warn you, your counterpart and I have spent much time sparring... when we're not mating." he gave her a smirk. "You could stand to lose a few pounds by the way... perhaps the removal of a limb or two will help." he said with a laugh.
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Well, what's your way?" Rebecca asked coldly. "Ordering someone else to do your dirty work while abusing a poor slave girl?"

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"Hand to hand, no weapons, no tricks." Dominus said as he looked at her. "My Bellatrix is like a python of coiled steel and iron will, you're soft and... old." he said with a slight smirk. "She is the elegance of a breeze with the ferocity of a hurricane. My counterpart was a fool to ignored what was standing beside him for decades. Whisper. That skinny blonde bitch. The young skinny blonde bitch. You've seen our children... well... Ian was never quite my favorite. But they are strong and I feel that Ophelia will outlast me and continue my plan regardless... or one of her clones. So really... you strike me down... it won't end this."
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step," Rebecca replied. "Eliminating the Four Horsmen whether it's I'm one fell swoop or individually is all part of the process." She deactivated her kliden, and looked at it for a moment before flipping it in her hand and handing it to one of the Jase'dasis that had started to form up around her.

"Master Sandoval," the young Cardassian objected, "Do not play into his ploy."

Rebecca smirked, "Worst case scenario I finally get my retirement. That doesn't sound so bad." She shrugged out of her robes to reveal a tank top and a pair of loose fitting high wasted trousers fitted with a simple leather belt. There wasn't any apparent softness. She was lean and muscular, something she'd developed growing up in the country working around livestock and in the fields.

There were deep scars running down her arms and back from her captivity at the hands of the Cardassians during the C.O.B.R.A. War, and at the hands of Tiberius Kirk. The mild unassuming former admiral, now looked like the warrior that she was.

"You assume too much Dominus. Nicholas would never just assume someone was weak."

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"Or perhaps I'm simply trying to make you doubt yourself." Dominus said as he removed his long overcoat and rolled up his sleeves. "Of course physical strength is only second to mental strength, do you truly think you can bring yourself to beat the life out of me with your bare hands? Wearing this face?"
Lord Dominus