Done

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Cassandra Windsor

Re: Done

Post by Cassandra Windsor »

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Is everyone from your era so bloody modest? Toot your own horn bitch! You've done more in your life than entire families have done. Why do you think I started to rebel against the whole royal family thing? From the time I was born, I was a rich bitch with money and power and really no future other than to marry one of the few other 'royals' and have babies or simply be a pretty thing that smiled and waved." she closed her eyes and shook her head. "I was fourteen when I expressed interest in leaving the palace and my choices were either military or charm school. I took the latter because my mum didn't think the only royal daughter should be on a starship. I learned how to walk and talk, learned a couple other languages so I can go into bars and order drinks like a native and it was on my 19th birthday, getting high with my friends, that I found out that my entire family and by entire I mean... EVERYONE... entirely dismissed me. My big brothers are next in line and I was just the... oops guess two came out instead of one. And my eldest brother already had a son from a girlfriend that died two weeks after childbirth. So little cute bastard is actually third in line."

Sitting on a couch Cassie looked at Becca. "You may see this gift the Iljuna gave you as a burden, but I see it as finally... FINALLY having something that gives me a purpose. I... never quite admitted it to Nicholas and Alice... well Alice knows... but not Nick... I think I know why history sort of forgot about me. I found out some of the drugs that I liked to take, were laced with something. Because I didn't go back to my room and smoke up like always, one of the maids found my stash and... she just died a few weeks ago after being in a coma. I would have truly been the royal embarrassment and I already know that if anything happened to me, I'd be just a footnote. 'Oh and there was a Cassie Windsor, but she died because she was a worthless twat.'" she looked up at Becca. "So really... I have a purpose to make my life mean something, even if history does forget about me and I'm fine with that, as long as someone benefits from my presence in this universe. Not just my old dealer or the boys I've slept with who get boast that they 'had' the princess."
HRH Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor
Buckingham Palace Royal - Royal Bad Girl

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"You sound like Bellatrix and every Ajem'dasis that came before her. They generally don't start off evil, but the path that they take with the ijulna takes them there. A Jase'dasis will see the ijulna as a burden; a responsibility. An Ajem'dasis will see the ijulna as opportunity. A way to right wrongs in their own life. When you wield the ijulna, you either do it to help others, or you do it for your own selfish reasons. I am not saying to will fall to the dark side, but you are walking a very narrow path, and it only takes one misstep to fall."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Becca... don't scare the girl." Nick said with a chuckle and nodded his head. "Our abilities as a burden sounds like Master V'K'zla. And while yes... we shouldn't relish and lord over others with our powers, but they were also given to us with the intention we use them to help. Remember my old friend, balance. It's why I never officially joined the Jase'dasis order, despite being a very staunch supporter, I always tended to see the grey in the white and the black." he looked out the window. "Thankfully there are not many Ajem'dasis on Earth in this era. But there are some. I try to keep us off their radar but what there are a considerable number of are rogue S31 operatives, this is the era when S31 had starbases, ships and deep support, but also many sub directors who thought they could do better. So that's what any 'action' I get lately is coming from, keeping the overzealous from trying to impose too much control. V'Pier and I even came back to just before I came here to take care of some cross temporal bullshit. His counterpart and I do speak regularly, even though currently he's told the agency to 'fuck off with every finger'. He's in his punk phase. It lasts for another twenty years, so I have that to look forward to." he chuckled lightly. "So my dear friend, what phase are you in now? The start fresh? Find a nice redheaded boy friend? Pretend that you're a veteran that got 'too old for this shit' and decided to take a simpler life? I'm doing that... and it's bloody glorious. I get saluted, thanked for my service... if only they knew what service I did for this galaxy. I build things, I fix things. I raise my son and I take trips with my model wife. It's a life I never thought I'd be able to live. I have thought for decades that I would die in my command chair or... my desk. Either way, in a chair. Working. Now... who knows, maybe it'll be a bed, after a very very long time and children will see a very old man and I will see them as very old women and men."

"That won't be for a very very long time. For either of you, iljuna or no. My gran lived to nearly 200." Cassie said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Course, she had more replaced organs and other stuff... it was like that mother in that old movie Brazil."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I plan to he the mother I never was with Aimee to Ethan and Kim. That is the biggest regret in life. I saw how my counterpart raised her Aimee, and through a full scale Borg invasion, and I see what I missed out on. It's time I do the right thing and do what's best for the kids, and stop thinking about me."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Entirely admirable." Nick replied. "And this is a good place to do it, good era. Alice is actually rather enjoying the fact that she can go away and I'll actually be pretty much in the same place she left me. Not off saving the galaxy or getting involved in some political thing or with a few more bruises and I'm all limp armed and asking her to help fix my hands. Although I did get lefty caught in an engine block last week. My buddy passed out when he saw me pull out what's left of my hand."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I still got most of my parts." She teased him wiggling her fingers. "New ticker, but a lot folk our age have new hearts."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah hands are a bit trickier, although I've gotten so used to all my bio-mech implants in them." Nick shrugged his shoulders. "As long as my fretting hand is okay, I'm good. You should see the gorgeous Telecaster I found in a shop. Almost makes up for my old Jaguar that Angel appropriated after I was taken by Jackson and Dominus. I spent weeks painting that body in that sparkle galaxy finish, something like five layers of paint and then two layers of veneer." he sighed. "I'm rambling again... sorry. It's been so long since I've last had a chance to talk to you. By the way... just uhm... just how bad was the battle anyway? I mean... am I going to want to make sure I don't make a return trip too soon after I left? Return in real time in other words?"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"They caught us with out pants down," Rebecca said with a sigh. New Kanto was destroyed, and hadn't the king of New Scotland got delusions of grandure and formed an Army they would have done the same there. Capital City took a pounding. Dominus and Ian were shelling the city , but thankfully we got most of the civilians out. Ophelia did a number on Byron too, and for some reason she didn't finish the job. She elected to flee."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Geez..." Nick winced and shook his head. "So Ophelia is still on the loose, she's kind of the one I worried about the most. You know how strong our girls are, if she'd got even half of whatever Dominus and Bellatrix got... although her fleeing the battle, that's... interesting." he stroked his chin. "Could mean she knew it was a dumb move to hit us at our strongest point. I built pretty much everything with the intention that the Imperium would eventually try to all out assault us at some point. That's why there's the under city and most of the larger buildings have massive sub basements and we built a lot of buildings that hid defensive batteries, shield generators, and other military hardware that was there ever since it was terraformed. Keep in mind our planet WAS used by smugglers and pirates and who knows what else when it was just a desolate, barren and barely life supporting planetoid until it was fully terra formed. So we actually had a lot of good gear left hidden. I think the Breen and the Naussicans were stashing shit there, they all denied it, said it was Ferengi traders, they denied it, said it was Section 31... of course I denied it, even though well... it would be something we'd do but we didn't." he took a sip of his drink and sighed. "Well... in some ways... this is a good thing. The people of Terra Alpha and the Alliance will come together, they'll rally around Jon... hopefully... and this will be 'their' planet. I picked up the ball, ran with it, and then handed it off to them to keep it going." he closed his eyes. "I hope for everyone's sake this is the last major offensive they'll have to worry about for a while. Imperium is done. Dominus and his ilk... but clearly we survived. I look forward to see what they'll do. Maybe give it at least another 10-15 years before I go back. I doubt they'll forget us, but like parents, there comes a time when the kids have to leave us and grow on their own, they may stumble but we can't fix everything for them every time. And I left plenty of resources for them, all a parent can do."

Nick looked over at Cassie who had went into the kitchen and was rummaging around for a snack. "And as long as I have a project to keep my busy, I've got no itch to go running back to the future. My son likes it here, my wife loves it here, we have friends, we have things we enjoy doing. New little traditions. No more wars. I always told Julie when were were younger, I wanted to retire to some little quiet planet or screw around with time travel and go back in time and spend our sunset years without fighting. She said that was a boring way to go out. Noella said that sounded nice, but I'd get bored. Alice... she was happy that we could actually raise our son in safety and we can still continue our scientific experiments at our own pace. I've still got ideas and concepts I want to finish up here." he tapped his forehead. "What about you? Anything you still sitting on up there? Got all the time in the world to work on them and I got a great little lab. Trying to create a self repairing metal that is cheap enough to produce but strong enough to actually be useful. Things that go through your mind when you're spending three days with a hammer trying to smooth out dents from a 300 year old fender."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I don't know what I'll do. The technical side of things was more your thing. I enjoyed the artistry of ship design. Taking a problem and fulfilling a function is an art in itself... and to blend function with an elegant design... Well, it's a thing of beauty. No, I think I'm going to call it a career. Set down roots, grow a garden, and go to school plays. Attend school board meetings. Maybe even write my memoirs."