Done

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: Done

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah that'll be a new challenge for you won't it? Just being a mom. No crew but those that call you 'mom'." Nick chuckled and smiled. "It's a good life, still, you ever get the itch to create something, stop on by. The creative juices really do flow so much better here. First thing I made when I got here, was a frog shaped bed for Gale. Did it in about a night, Alice helped with the detail painting." he smiled and reclined in his chair. "When the kids are grown up, maybe we'll make a trip forward and check on things, give them the choice to remain in the past or go back to our native timeline. I mean we do have a solid 80-100 years before things get weird."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Challenge? No, I don't think so. I do intend to die in my time. I am not sure what kind of paradoxes that would create for me to die before I'm born. But, the kids deserve me as a parent, and they deserve to grow up in peace. And if I get bored, I have my paint brushes, and you."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Oh yes, I'm sure I'll find something to keep you occupied. Or you'll meet someone that'll rock your world and give you that 'normal' we fought for all our lives." Nick said with a smile. "Course my version of 'normal' is way different than yours', but I hated being single. Especially when I was raising three precocious children, not that I was ever truly alone. Always had you or Nancy... Noella... my family nearby. Still... you ever need a sitter, just call." he gestured to the kitchen where there was a surprising amount of noise coming from within. "Or my apprentice can always watch them too... she's shockingly great with kids."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Good idea," Rebecca smirked. "A wild Xenexian, and little boy who fancies himself a cowhand is sure to go over real well at Buckingham Palace."
Last edited by Rebecca Talon on Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"She hasn't been to Buckingham in quite a while now actually not since they basically told her it would be 'preferable' if she remained off site for the foreseeable future. They're happy she isn't in the media with 'her knickers off and powder on her nose' and they rather like the new Cassandra." he rolled his eyes. "Of course they do still send people to keep an eye on her even randomly pay for things, as if I'm somehow her pimp or Alice and I are swingers or something. It's a weird situation for her, but shopping and taking my wife on lavish trips on the Crown's expense now and then seem to make it better."

Nick heard more sounds and chuckled. "I'm thinking Alice and Cassie bought out some place, that's a lot more back and forth trips in through the back. They think I get mad when they do way too much shopping... I mean we're 'well off' but not unlimitedly wealthy. Last time I gave them a grumpy look and muttered about 'guess I'll have to sell another vehicle...' and then I get a few days of them being super nice to me. Honestly, I would be fine living in some three bedroom flat as long as Alice and Gale and I were together, but seeing Alice in her ancestral home, tending centuries old roses and the look of sheer joy and peace I see on her face... it's priceless." he hummed. "Speaking of Xenexian... I've got this book that Jack gave me on a PADD. Something that Tali'Zorha gave him. Sort of a Xenex's best mythical tales. She might like it. Gale enjoys it, but I think Kim might like it even more, given that's her home planet. Speaking of... Dominus... didn't hit them too did he?"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"As far as I know, no. They had been hitting us all over the Alliance. The 9th Fleet took a pasting at the Morvus Sector. The Narlins lost a bunch of ships too. But the 4th Fleet at Battle of Bolius clobbered them. The point is they were hitting us from all over. That's how they got to Terra Aplha, but had they succeeded, I'm sure Xenex would have been next on the list."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Lots of rebuilding, hopefully a lot more unity." Nick replied and sighed as he looked over at Kim. "Kid'll grow up and hopefully there'll be a modern Xenex for her to enjoy as an adult. I told Zeke and Kiera... both sets... that they have everything they need to make Xenex as much a capitol planet as Terra Alpha. Xenex has some rather untapped mineral resources not to mention a lot of easily re-terra formed land to colonize."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Lots of rebuilding, hopefully a lot more unity." Nick replied and sighed as he looked over at Kim. "Kid'll grow up and hopefully there'll be a modern Xenex for her to enjoy as an adult. I told Zeke and Kiera... both sets... that they have everything they need to make Xenex as much a capitol planet as Terra Alpha. Xenex has some rather untapped mineral resources not to mention a lot of easily re-terra formed land to colonize."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca shrugged, "And maybe it's best Xenex remains the same. Progress for the sake or progress isn't always a net positive."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"True enough, but the Federation didn't really see any 'need' to rebuild Xenex after the Brethren, the UFP failed them. Course now we know why... the Imperium rot had worked its way through the Federation for years." Nick sighed and chuckled. "It's amusing reading the news here, they're bickering about who gets to help a planet in need. 'Oh we're the best equipped', 'No we're more experienced', 'No, we're culturally similar...' and on and on. It's... refreshing to see a Federation that is still a bit more... idealistic. Even IF the Section 31 in this era is a bit too big for their britches and has a bit more power than they really 'need'. BUT... we're still in that century of relative peace... nothing that involves anyone hitting Earth or the Sol System or even the Federation Core for at least another 50 years. And while I am sure I have the 50 years, I'm not going to be in this era that long."