Home

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Ethan Talon

Home

Post by Ethan Talon »

It had been a hellish two weeks, and Ethan was exhausted. He and his Marines had been recruited into the cleanup of Terra Alpha, and then there were the refugee camps, not only from Capital City, but the entire province of New Kanto as well. He had worked from the time he woke up until he physically could no longer continue.

Despite his exhaustion he took the train to Riley City, and then walked the four miles to the house. He loved this area... he loved his ranch. He even loved the harsh winters and always resisted being drug to New Hawaii by Trinity.

The truth was, as much as he really didn't like the beach he also didn't feel whole without her at his side. And despite his complaints and protestations it really didn't take any convincing on Trinity's part.. He didn't know what he would do if they ever got divorced.

The dogs started barking when he turned up the drive. The trio of canines came bounding up to him practically exploding with excitement. Loki, his bluetick hound, let out a long hound dog wail letting the entire mountains know that his master was home.

Ethan kneeled to pet the dogs and he he mobbed and knocked into the dirt and covered in puppy kisses and wagging tails. Ethan laughed with glee. His first real laugh in what seemed like ages.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kalia Lei

Re: Home

Post by Kalia Lei »

"That dog started howling for the past half hour." Kalia said as she walked out of the house and wiped her hands on the apron she wore, her bionic leg exposed under the short shorts she had on under the apron and sat in the rocking chair by the door. "I can't believe you took the train... how many trucks and cycles and other vehicles do you guys own and you couldn't have one of them beamed to you?" she tossed him a set of keys. "Tell Trini thanks for the loaner. Although I'm never living down dropping off Colonel Winters in a pink Porsche. I had to keep saying it was Trinity's but he didn't believe me."

"Well if you don't want it I'll take it." Lana said with a grin as she bounded up the driveway. "Hey Ethan. The moms suggested I bring this." she held up a mesh bag with a number of bottles of booze and beers. "You more than earned it. Although how you can drink some of this stuff... I've seen the way it takes off the varnish on the bar."

"That mean's it's good kid." Kalia chuckled and winked at Ethan. "C'mon General, put your feet up, we all more than earned it. Besides, your wifey is going to be gone for another two days."
General Kalia Lei
XO-82nd Volunteer Marine Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Gone?" Ethan replied in dissapointment. "Where has she ran off to?"

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"With Aunt Angel. They are both having twins you know..." Lana replied. "That and Trinity's hormones have gone super super wacky, they're affecting her like... really bad. She got mad at Mrs. Ackers for leaving a door open and letting one of the dogs out and gestured with her hand and the door..." she pointed to the wood pile. "You got a new door though. I like the new one better, has stained glass."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"A door's a door," Ethan said with a smirk. He stood up and futility tried to brush the dust and dog slobber from his uniform. Giving up he looked around and took a long deep breath. "I've been gone for two weeks and you'd think my wife would be here to at least say hi."

He shrugged all signs of his annoyance and dissapointmet fading. He was home after all, and in the end the details were inconsequential. "At least tell me Mrs. Ackers has one of her famous pies somewhere. The apples ought to be ripening now on the trees. All I've had were field rations. They get you by. They fill you up, but I wouldn't call them good."

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"Yeah they're horrible... better than Imperium rations, way better than Starfleet... but I've lost so much weight on those, my dress up leg doesn't fit my thigh anymore." Kalia said as she walked in behind Ethan. "Trin said it was okay if I stayed for a couple days, my apartment was blown up and apparently it's a Ryder thing that family shouldn't live in a hotel." she shrugged her shoulders. "Trinity wanted to meet you here, but she needed her mom. I guess I understand that, there are times these past couple weeks, I could have used my mother's advice even if I wouldn't listen to her, but she was still my mother. Even if she was a manipulative witch."
General Kalia Lei

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grunted, "You're welcome here anytime. I wouldn't expect you to be living with the rest of the refugees at Camps Grant and Ryder. Speaking of which, how many refugees ended up here? Other than you of course."

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"Just a couple, I'll be honest, I feel more comfortable when we're around as a team. I've come to enjoy being your XO. You and Trinity are really as close to family as it gets for me." Kalia admitted and shrugged her shoulders. "And isn't that what Trinity made this ranch for? To give vets like us a place to settle into a semi-normal life? I'm technically younger than even Lana there and yet all I've known is war."
General Kalia Lei

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan let out a tired sigh, "It's been so long since I've seen any peace. This is a nice respite, but Ophelia is still out there."

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"Speaking as the daughter of a despot, I think even she is tired of all this... needs some time to figure out her place. Which may or may not benefit us in the slightest. Of course... if situations were different, I could have been her ally. Mutual hatred of certain people. You're lucky I have more of the good in me than the bad." Kalia said with a slight laugh. "Of course some of our men would question that statement every so often. I ride them MUCH harder than Trinity ever did. I love her like a sister, but she's too much like her mother and not enough like her grandmother." she gestured with her hand. "Still... even during those rare moments that I needed a hand of encouragement, Trinity was there and somehow made it all better. She is a special woman. Although she still hasn't come through on an eligible bachelor for me spend my leave with. Someone not under our command and someone who isn't just a fetishist or someone who just wants to be in our family's orbit. Or related. Shocked you people found Yoshi... lost track of him years ago. At least he aged up a bit and learned to keep his shirt on. He used to find any excuse to take his shirt off and flex. He'll deny it of course." she gave him a smirk. "Did you ever do that when you were younger and dumber? Flex your muscles and get all sweaty and shirtless and try to impress the girls? Or did Trinity have you whipped even then?"
General Kalia Lei