Home

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Ethan Talon

Re: Home

Post by Ethan Talon »

He shrugged, "No, not really. Never felt the need to. And yes, she did have me whipped. Not that I was a monk or anything until I finally wore her down. Just that those weren't real relationships."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"Hey at least you had someone, I had... simulations... marks... the Julie Lei school of seduction and manipulation." Kalia shrugged her shoulders. "Hey I love Trinity... she's the best friend I've had next to you. I guess I envy you two a bit. Even if you two give me cavities with your sweetness and sap."
General Kalia Lei
XO-82nd Volunteer Marine Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"The infamous Julie Lei parenting philosophy," Ethan smirked. "She's no Doctor Spock that's for sure."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"No she wasn't... and for as many men as I had been with in the short time I was with her, they may as well have been holograms." Kalia shrugged her shoulders. "Although how Kai ended up with Lucy... but he was always a good man. No matter what mother tried, couldn't quite get that much out of him. Reminds me a lot of you. Don't think I would have defected had you not come into my orbit. And I doubt I'd still be alive if I didn't defect. Other than Kai and only because he's actually a pretty decent leader, old Imperium leadership aren't exactly popular since the war ended." she looked up at the sky when she heard something. "Sounds like Trinity's on her way, that shuttle she's been flying has the weirdest engine sound. Guess either she got Ethan sick or she and her mother are bickering."
General Kalia Lei

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Either or both are a distinct possibility," Ethan said as he stepped through the back door. He hung his officer's jacket on the rung next to the door and kicked off his boots.

Mrs. Ackers wasn't in the kitchen, but there was an ever present pot of coffee sitting on the warmer. Next to it was one of her pies cooling on the counter with a towel draped over it to keep the flies off of it.

Ethan pulled down a pair of plates, "By the smell of it, it smells like apple. Want a slice?"

Kalia Lei

Post by Kalia Lei »

"I'd love some. I've come to enjoy her apple pie, never liked it when I first had it, too sweet but... now I love it." Kalia replied and pulled her hair up into a messy bun and looked around for the silverware. "Oh forgot to mention, since your grandfather in law decided to leave some of his holdings between the kids, you kind of inherited a garage in the Capitol City, like four or five of his cars in there, bikes, other weird things in there. Suggested that you turn it into a sort of hidden base thing. I dunno." she pulled out a chair and sat down. "Now I'm starting to understand where all the cars and bikes and such he had were. He had garages everywhere. Little caches. Some of them he's still got hidden 'just in case' but he's given some of them to you, Liv, Lana and Trinity. Even left one to me but it's on Earth. As IF I'm going back there."
General Kalia Lei

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

He grunted at that. He really didn't know how he felt about that. It kind of felt like grave robbery even though Nick wasn't dead. He slid Kalia a plate containing the pie and a fork. "Ice cream?"

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Ooo... I could go for some of that..." Trinity said as she walked in and pulled out a chair with the iljuna. "Kalia eating carbs, shock. Gasp."

"I eat carbs, you're thinking your grandmother who thinks Carbs are death." Kalia laughed and smiled at Ethan. "And yes I would love some ice cream to go with this. So... you're looking perky." she gave Trinity a wink.

"Of course... mom and I had a nice lunch, a good check up and... I'm going to be a mom three weeks sooner. So I do hope you're both not running off to rebuild the planet, because we still have to get cribs built for two and figure out how to change two diapers at once." Trinity shook her head. "One I can do but two..."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"We're Marines," Ethan grunted as he pulled out a tub of vanilla ice cream from the freezer. "We break stuff, we don't fix it. We're still on alert since Ophelia is still our there, but most of our people are rotating home. I'll probably head into Camp Archer tomorrow and check on things. Oh that reminds me. Kalia, how would you feel about taking over the 82nd? I have more than I can handle with the third corps and those regimental commander's need a CO that can always be there. With Dougal gone, I suggest Patrick Murphey of the 69th or David as your XO." He placed a slice of pie on a plate and walked around the table and set it in from of Trinity gave her a kiss.

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Murphy's good... I'd pick him if I was still XO." Trinity said with a smile as she looked at the pie. "Oooh a big piece, I love you." she picked up a fork and started to cut into the pie and dip it into the ice cream.

"I do like David though, we work well together, but Murphy does seem to be a bit better qualified." Kalia replied. "I have no problem taking over the 82nd for now. Course, speaking as the daughter of a despot, she's not going to be a threat any time soon, she's going to relish her time alone. Figure out what her own plans are now that she doesn't have a mother or father looking over her shoulder. She could come back a much graver threat, but for all we know... she may decide that being HBIC isn't all it's cracked up to be and latch onto someone else that wants the power OR... she'll just fuck off and leave us alone."

"I'm hoping for that too." Trinity replied after taking a bite and swallowing. "Course, we know some people that were players in our era in our old timeline that could entirely be threats that she could hook up with, which is why Ethan and I are a bit more... wary."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division