Home

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Ethan Talon

Re: Home

Post by Ethan Talon »

"I'm going to think optimistically this time," Ethan said as he sat next to Trinity playfully bumping his shoulder with hers. "I'm going to stand-down the militias in Third Corps. They didn't sign up to be regular Marines. They just wanted to defend their homes, and defend they did. This would be Dominus' planet if not for them. There's going to be a pile of medals issued for this."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kalia Lei

Re: Home

Post by Kalia Lei »

"Oh I'd be pissed if there wasn't. Everyone gave their all and then some." Kalia said with a smile as she had some of the pie and hummed. "We wouldn't be here sitting and eating this amazing pie, in clean clothes, in a comfortable house that smells like flowers... if it wasn't for those men and women in the Corps. Honestly, for the first time since my defection... I am so proud of the men and women under our command that I have zero words. And Trinity I'm sorry but... your husband is the only CO I ever want to serve with. And I'm never giving you back the XO job."

"That's entirely fine with me... I really was planning on running for Sheriff before all this started. XO was a part time thing mainly so I had a bit more resume. Now... I'm pretty damn sure I'll be elected." Trinity winked her eye. "Besides, I need a job with enough action that I won't get bored, but... hours that I can still raise my twins. There is a strong Lei girl in me and she's going to be a handful."

"Aren't we all?" Kalia chuckled lightly. "You're like the little... big... sister I never had and kind of always wanted. I'll admit, I had a crush on Ethan, but I think what it really was... I was envious of what you had here. Peace. Good people trying to do good. Not back stabbing and playing games. Not trying to screw the next guy up the ladder out of his job. A home. I had a mansion but it wasn't home. Earth... wasn't home. This... is home. And I'll defend it with my last breath."
General Kalia Lei
XO-82nd Volunteer Marine Division