Queens

The rebuilding has begun but echoes in the darkness still persist...
Prince George

Re: Queens

Post by Prince George »

"Better than being called 'immature'," George observed. "So, now what?"

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"Now, your Royal Highness, we track down the ones responsible for this and make sure they don't continue. Even if that means stopping your sister." Diana said as she appeared suddenly and put a badge on his lapel. "This will keep us all in constant contact, it's... a little piece of kit that will keep you protected. Something Alliance Skunkworks has been working on for some time now, it's still very experimental but we call it programmable matter. It can literally become anything we need it to be. Or rather anything you need it to be."

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"How does the bloody thing work?" He asked curious.

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"Double tap will bring up a holographic display, sort of like a giant tricorder, from there you can set up what you want, armor, weapon, tool... or you can set up a voice activation phrase and you just tell it what you want." Diana said as she tapped her badge once and said "Jabberwock." and a shield and a kilden appeared in her hand. "I tend to keep it to words that I won't say in the course of a conversation, just in case I bump my badge." she chuckled and let him see the items. "From something barely the size of a cigar when it's mashed down, will reform into something this big and this complex." she activated the kilden and a bright purple hued blade appeared. "It sort of works like a Buffer Band, but a little more adaptable. I already programmed yours to respond to 'shields up' and 'weapon' which will give you a force field and a phaser." she brushed a hair behind her ear and tapped her badge again "Storage mode." and the shield and kilden went back into their storage badge. "Oh and my name's Diana."

"Well at least he's a normal height." Cassie teased.

"Shush Princess." Diana said with a slap to her arm.

"How does that even work anyway?" Cassie said with a smirk and dodged another swat.

"It works just fine." Diana retorted and rolled her eyes. "I'm younger than both of them and I still feel like the mom of the crew."

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Now that's impressive," he said with admiration. "Who's genius idea was this? Tony Ryder?"

Gale Ryder

Post by Gale Ryder »

"He wishes." Gale chuckled. "My big sister Angelica and my mum. They had a break through and well... it's pretty spectacular. There's even some thought that it could be used on larger things like starships and buildings and even as adaptive furnishing." he said with a smile. "Uncle Tony... he's more focused on defensive and offensive weaponry."

"Alliance Skunkworks is focused on the future." Diana chimed in. "Pushing the boundaries. Beyond the ape brain mentality, which I fear your sister has in spades right now." she sighed. "Look." she tapped a console.

"...ly attack on the innocent travelers will not go unchallenged. My dear brother Prince George was a victim of that attack and there will be justice. Even now I am assembling a military response against seat of Imperium government and we will invoke centuries old claims to the East Coast of North America. In other words... that is our land and we're taking it back you naughty naughty colonists." Diana turned it off. "I can't stand her voice."

"Welp... I owe dad five bars of latinum." Gale rolled his eyes. "I really thought she wouldn't call them colonists, we're all Terrans. Bloody hell, I wasn't even born on Earth and I consider myself a Terran."

"And they say I'm from another era." Cassie shook her head and put her arm around Gale.

"Something has to be done about her and quickly." Diana said and looked at Gale. "You know the lay of the land better than Cassie, what say you?"

"More like... what say the Prince?" Gale said as he looked at George. "In essence the Princess and I are subjects of the crown, you represent that crown."
Lt. Gale Huntington
Operations Officer

Cassandra Windsor

Post by Cassandra Windsor »

"I will say this... if the Queen is attempting to invoke that, she's got more than just her ego behind her. I recall even during some 'darker' hours reading that some Monarchs wanted to retake the old colonies and plant the Union Jack on North American soil. Of course they technically have their flag planted in Canada and all they bloody do is put the Queen's face on money and maybe host her every now and again." Cassie said with a shrug of her shoulders. "BUT if she's making something like this public, then she's got the military and government behind her. Which is not a very good thing. And... she knows that the only one that can really make a challenge to her, is Georgie here... but he's 'dead'. And... possibly written out of the line of any succession. Having as much political pull as a bean pie. I should have not told mother about the time a horse kicked my brother in the bollocks, may have stopped whatever gene pool SHE came from. He almost lost his testicles if I didn't run and get mum."
HRH Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor
Buckingham Palace Royal - Royal Bad Girl