Queens

The rebuilding has begun but echoes in the darkness still persist...
Prince George

Re: Queens

Post by Prince George »

George shrugged, "Pretty much the same as she is now. Thought she was better than everybody she did. Especially Ashley with her ijulna thing going on. And when I started acting up I was a public embarrassment. At least they could hide Ashley. Probably why I chose to party an all that. As far as a hiding place? Well, I doubt she's still using the same one she used back when we were young. She has an entire bloody kingdom, but perhaps the Tower of London or Buckingham might be a good start."

Cassandra Windsor

Post by Cassandra Windsor »

"In plain sight is sometimes the best place to hide." Cassie replied and walked over to a console and sat down and activated a multiscreen news feed. "I was reading something about how she's trying to build her own standing military and recalling pretty much everyone that's a subject of the crown to the UK. A whole Brexity type thing."

"She probably saw what the Scots on Terra Alpha did. Sovereign yet aligned with the Terra Alpha military." Gale chuckled. "I'll bet the Prices were oh so thrilled that their Scot Veep and Speaker of the House helped in that. Of course I am shocked that Malcolm ever got married."

"With the bloody romance novel that's the Presidents Price... you're shocked luv?" Cassie chuckled. "Look at your own parents... entirely surprised they didn't have an entire litter since we first met."
HRH Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor
Buckingham Palace Royal - Royal Bad Girl

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Scots have always been an independent lot," George added. "But, I don't think Marissa has any sort of desire to play second fiddle to the Imperium. She's smart enough to not make a move until she knows she can win, but yeah supplanting the Imperium with a new British Empire is more than likely her goal."

Cassandra Windsor

"And given current sentiment about the Imperium I am sure that aim will have a better shot at happening." Cassie said and shook her head. "Granted the Windsors have been trying to remain relevant and even try to take a direct lead in matters for a very very long time, but this is the first time that its likely to happen." she closed her eyes and then saw Art and Gale's faces when they could all but sense what she was about to say. "George... I'm not just an agent. I'm... we're family. Not directly but... " she pulled out a very battered ID from her pocket. "Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor... I was very much like you luv. So much so that my mother, the Queen... had me all but stricken from the royal roles. I was too damaging to the Royal House. Although they didn't seem to mind the former Princess modeling designer togs. But that's besides the point... I faced Ajem'dasis in the past and I have this strong feeling they are aiding your sister."

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

The shuttle circled the safe house before coming to a rest on the roof landing spot. "I'm pretty sure no one seen the shuttle, but I'm going to secure it at the alternate site to be on the safe side," Arthur said as he opened the exterior hatch for the others the disembark. "I can't risk a transporter signature so I'll see you three in a few hours."

George stood with Gale and Cassandra on the roof of the safe house trying to track the shuttle through sound as it lifted off and roared into the sky.

He sighed and turned to Cassie, "So, we're family. I can't say I'm surprised. You have the look. It's more than the angle of jaw. A curve of cheek and shape of nose and eye. Though, you have all those things. You have a hollowness in your eye. The same look I've seen far too many times looking back at me in the mirror. As far as the Ajem'dasis go... Marissa certainly has changed her tune since her days of tormenting Ashley."

Cassandra Windsor

Cassie nodded her head. "I'm sure she hates it, but they get he job done in terms of creating and sewing chaos and doing things she would find distasteful." she closed her eyes. "Hollowness eh? Gale calls it my 'model face', but yes... Hollowness does seem to sum it up. Gale's parents took me in and his father trained me my abilities, his mother became my best friend and apparently at least this face and this arse can still sell clothes. Even if I was the 'disgraced Princess'. I know what people said behind my back. I'm smarter than they realize... it's just... I was treated as the mistake. So I rebelled. If they were going to disown me, I would give them a reason. Was an incredibly sad, lonely life. And now you have us."

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

He gave her a defeated sigh, "Well I just met you, and I don't know if I can trust you, but actions speak louder than words."

Cassandra Windsor

"I could have kept up the charade but... you're smarter than you're given credit for too and I felt that if I wasn't honest with you, you'd lump us all in the same basket as the rest." Cassie said with a similar sigh. "Apparently cloak and dagger is the family business for the lot I threw in with. And... we know a thing or two about a thing or two of what's to come and there are multiple ways it can shake out. It's all enough to drive a person to drink and I only touch the stuff on my birthday, his birthday and New Year's Eve."

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

George didn’t know what to say to that and simply nodded.

Cassandra Windsor

Cassie chuckled when she saw his expression. "I'm sure we're probably just utterly blowing your mind." she shook her head. "Sorry... you're probably the only Windsor family member that I've had more than 5 minutes with in a very long time that I actually WANT to spend more than five minutes with."

"That's true." Gale said as he crossed his arms. "Last time she encountered a relation, they basically brought up decades old things and still judged her by it and despite being far more mature and older, still acted like she was the same barely legal aged adult that had no fucks to give."

"Ack... you said the M-word luv." Cassie gripped her chest. "My partner called me... Mature."