Queens

The rebuilding has begun but echoes in the darkness still persist...
Marissa Windsor

Queens

Post by Marissa Windsor »

Buckingham Palace - London, England - Earth

The usually grey London sky was remarkably clear this morning, the sky was blue, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping Queen Marissa sat on the balcony watching the Palace security team train on the grounds. She rather enjoyed watching well built, sweaty men work out and fight. She had decided months ago that the United Kingdom would again be a force to be reckoned with. Seeing how the Scots had managed to be independent on Terra Alpha, despite being part of the Alliance, she felt the precedent has now been set. They too would have their own standing military, their own starships and their own chain of command and they would no longer be like the Federation of old, helping everyone at the expense of their own.

"They're a fine army. MIne's bigger of course." A female voice said from inside her chambers.

"Bigger yes, but do they say 'God Save Ophelia?" Marissa replied with a smirk.

"No I would wager not... but then again I don't believe in God... I AM the higher power." Ophelia replied and chuckled lightly. "I am impressed that I didn't startle you."

"Oh please, I could hear your high heels out in the hallway before you entered. There is a slight creak in the floorboards that makes it noise about halfway into my bedroom. I once thought it was a flaw in construction but in reality it's a lovely early warning." Marissa replied and turned to face the tall blonde. "So what brings you to my chambers?"

"Just ensuring the arrangements you made with my father and mother still stand." Ophelia sat down and poured herself a glass of wine. "Looks like we're both day drinking today."

"Oh I was up all night the boys down there were hunting someone who got into the Palace gates and evaded them for hours. That is why their Commander is training them so harshly. I rather enjoy when they sweat like that." Marissa licked her lips.

"That doesn't fill me with confidence." Ophelia mused. "Unless you wanted them to come in."

"I did. And yes I remain loyal to you. You have ensured that my own plans have come to bear fruit." Marissa said as she sipped her own wine and smiled over the edge of the glass. "Besides, I think you and I will get on splendidly, you did seem to possess the best of your father and mother. And this is a new galaxy after all. Plenty of changes... so what can I do for you?'

"I need a base of operations on Earth, I had planned to base myself out of some place here in England, there are plenty of places I can work and move troops without raising too many eyebrows, as well as developing my own... cult as you would call it. I have seen things through the Iljuna that while the circumstances of them happening has been delayed, may still happen. And Earth may be lost, of course my father wanted to crack this world in two... but that was just his dramatic idea. With what he did with Mars, we should have what we need. I am willing to exchange control of a region and privacy for ship building resources"

"You will have whatever you wish Lady Ophelia." Marissa said and smiled broadly. "Help make the United Kingdom an Empire again... and you will have whatever you wish."

"It's good to be friend with the Queen." Ophelia raised her glass.

"And it's very good to be the Queen." Marissa said as she raised her own. "By the way, do you think perhaps you can create some... trouble that I can send my dear brother George to investigate and oh... ensure that he doesn't take the throne. Ever. If you... catch my meaning."
Queen Marissa of the House of Windsor
United Kingdom, Earth

Prince George

Re: Queens

Post by Prince George »

-Washington D.C.-

It was early evening and George Windsor sat in a quiet pub located off of Massachusetts Avenue, not too far from the British Consulate.

George was "on the wagon" as the Yanks like to say, but he still enjoyed the occasional pint and this place had the best fih n' chips this side of the Atlantic. George knew his appointment as the UK ambassador to the Imperium was nothing more than his sister's way of getting rid of him, and yet, simultaneously being able to keep an eye on him.

George splashed some vinegar onto his last peice of fried cod and dipped it into the tartar sauce and took a bite. Something hit him. Nothing physical, yet it was just as strong as if it had been the physical. Something wasn't right. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He was in danger, and yet he couldn't explain it.

He casually looked around the pub. Nothing stood out. "You're bloody getting paranoid in yer old age," he told himself. Nonetheless he stood, walked to the bar and refilled his pint glass with a pale ale from Buxton Brewery. Returning to his table this time he sat with his back to the wall facing the door.
Last edited by Prince George on Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucy Lineas

Post by Lucy Lineas »

Lucy Lineas-Lei walked into the bar, knowing that Prince George liked to treat himself to a plate of fish and chips and thys was probably one of the few places that served it authentically 'British'. She had a dark grey and white tweedy long overcoat with a hood on and a pair of oversized glasses. DC had the first hints of fall and the trend had been long overcoats with hoods, especially among the more fashionable young women... on her way from the transporter gate she had passed five other women in similar coats and glasses. To any passer by she was just yet another attractive, fashionable woman, not the wife of the Emperor of the Imperium.

She found George's table and had a seat. "I'm glad you agreed to meet here, my husband's idea of a fish dinner is sushi." Lucy said with a chuckle. "Don't get me wrong, I love sushi, but I am a third Irish a third Scot and a third Norwegian... fried fish is like... our comfort food." she removed her glasses and set them on the table gently. "You look... nervous George... I assure you no one is going to arrest you for decking that bar fly."
Dr. Lucinda "Lucy" Lineas-Lei
Medical Doctor
Wife of Terran Imperium Emperor Kaikoa Lei

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"I'm not worried about that," he replied.

He had stood in respect when she joined the table. Reseated and watchful of the pub around him he was mentally going over his options. He'd already decided not to go back to the Consulate. Where would he go? He had some friends in Denver. Okay, it was a fling, but he and Mary Vogler got along very well. And as mayor of one of the suburban cities of Denver she might have some power to protect him too.

"Something bloody isn't right," George stated simply. "I'm getting out of town for a bit. What is it you need from me?"

Lucy Lineas

Post by Lucy Lineas »

"You asked me out remember?" Lucy said with a slight smirk. "You had some thoughts about your sister's military dreams and wanted my advice before you brought them further up the food chain. Ever since Dominus attacked us, Kai has been... overly... well I wouldn't say overly worried but far more cautious and nervous about things. He wasn't the one that was spayed like a dog and had our child reduced to atoms." she sighed and shook her head. "You've heard all this before and I wanted to thank you for your kind ear which is why I am always willing to be there when you ask for help. But you do look concerned about something and it's more than an assault charge. Talk to me. I've dealt with far weirder over the years and I was Tess Ryder's XO. I've seen her son melt deckplates with his bare hands. Nothing quite shocks me. I've also removed micro torpedoes from people's... behinds." she whispered. "Not much you tell me would shock me."
Medical Doctor

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"Okay, I have a feeling I'm in danger. From what? I haven't a bloody clue. Something is off. Like there's a storm cloud over my head."

Lucy Lineas

Post by Lucy Lineas »

"Well sometimes a gut feeling can come from anywhere... then again knowing what I know about people that can sense the future or at least get a feeling for that - often times they are not wrong. Just a matter of determining where the threat is coming from. My guess... your sister." Lucy replied. "Running will not solve it you know. But I would gladly make sure you have a security detail handy or if it really comes to it... asylum. Kai has no love lost with the Queen."
Medical Doctor

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

"I don't know that it's my sister," George replied. "I was an embarrassment, but I'm trying to leave that behind. As far as asylum... no. I thank you for the offer, but I can’t ask the Imperium for help."

Lucy Lineas

Post by Lucy Lineas »

"Well if you NEED it, we'll help. This isn't my mother in law's Imperium. We've even been thinking of changing the name... but there's plenty that have some... affection for the name. Think that Earth needed to flex for too long." Lucy rolled her eyes. "I was saved from being yet another Imperium slave because of my medical talents." she felt her neck. "I had Kai remove the collar they welded around my neck after the attack. I was done feeling submissive. Perhaps... it's time for you to stand up to your sister as well. Or... do what another Windsor did centuries ago, leave it all behind and disappear from history."
Medical Doctor

Prince George

Post by Prince George »

He considered Lucy for a moment. Sighing he pushed his now empty newspaper lined basket away and sat back with his arms crossed. "You're right, I can't run from my problems. I just wish I knew exactly what my problem was. It's bloody difficult to defend from a threat when you don't even know who or what it is."

A young woman entered the pub wearing a knee length trench coat, dark sunglasses and a blonde bob. George followed her with his eyes to her table. She moved like an assasan, or an athlete. Sitting down with her back to him he relaxed. He was beginning to become paranoid.