Triage

The rebuilding has begun but echoes in the darkness still persist...
Ethan Talon

Re: Triage

Post by Ethan Talon »

"We do have the Militia. We can keep them as such. But, we aren't completely self-sufficient. I don't think any community truly is if you want to live in a modern society. Besides, that's not an efficient use of our resources." He sighed and looked at her, "Our families yes. Maybe even you, but not me. I just want to run this ranch, raise our babies, and be at your side."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Sounds romantic." Trinity said as she put her arms around his shoulders and kissed his cheek. "And yeah... I suppose it's not a great plan but sooner or later we're going to need to do something. Unless you want to pack up and move to New Honolulu and live at mom's place since she's got that loft in downtown Capitol City now." she chuckled lightly. "The neighbors might actually like the horses instead of the motorcycles and muscle cars."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Ummm..." Ethan said with a grin. "Not a huge fan of the ocean or the beach. I prefer snow over sun, and pines over palms."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I know... and you seem to like it when I'm in a big sweater versus my sarong and bikini... " Trinity teased. "But I'm game for anything, if having a deeper connection to the Iljuna has taught me one thing, it is to be flexible with my plans and live in the moment, not the past nor the future. There is much in flux right now and the future we have been planning may not be the one that may come, but that could be both a good and bad thing. But it'll happen one way or another." she said and sipped her coffee. "Although one constant, us."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan nodded at that, "That much is certain. We have come a long way, you and I. In truth, so has this whole planet. Riley City was barely a settlement before we moved in, and now it's a premiere ski resort for all the Capital City idiots. Narlins are settling in Cascadia and that region's population is booming. New Hawaii is competing with Risa for visitors all over the galaxy."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Oh my gosh I totally forgot about that... I actually have a third ownership in a resort. One of mom's friends hit me up for money when I was still setting this place up and I was just too busy and focused on other things and gave her what I thought was a small loan, but then she gave me a certificate saying I had a third ownership in the resort. I wonder..." Trinity hummed and went to a terminal and pulled up some information. "Holy... shit. Ethan. My share... it uhm... it's more than this ranch is worth. They just expanded and built another resort, apparently the way the corp is set up, my third of the company is worth..." she blinked rapidly. "Okay... y'know what... we're going to be okay. We ever need it, there's plenty in there to keep us going for decades. Longer if we reinvest."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan chuckled, "How is it that I am surrounded by women who are genius level in finance? Do you actually know how much mom left me when she died? We were never hurting for money, and now I have to think we should start considering starting to put some of it away as a trust for the kids. Are we stopping at two?"