Calling Doctor Love...

The rebuilding has begun but echoes in the darkness still persist...
Jack Ryder

Calling Doctor Love...

Post by Jack Ryder »

The gleaming silver and purple iridescence of the newly constructed "Unity Tower" - designed as a hub for the displaced and pushed to the brink of extinction species of the Dominus War. In the months after the death of Dominus, it was found that dozens of races across the Alpha and Beta Quadrants were now nearly extinct thanks to Dominus' planet destroying, eugenic culling and other biological attacks. Some species were made up of only a starship or two full of survivors, some even less than that. The Unity Tower was designed to help aide them in finding ways of rebuilding their numbers, or merging with another compatible civilization or merging together to form a new culture and species.

Occupying a suite on the 50th floor of the 205 story tower, an older, more wise Dr. Jack Ryder had set up shop... using the discoveries he had developed years before to help himself and Kinsey conceive he had adapted his fertility serum to be nearly universal. He had also taken to letting his successful patients call him 'Dr. Love'.

"Only you call yourself that Doc." Kas'si said as she looked over his shoulders at the padd he was writing.

"Just as only you call yourself Kas'si..." Jack deadpanned.

"Touche." she chuckled and glanced at her watch. "You've got another couple coming in ten minutes. That's what? Twenty today alone?"

"Why do you think I came back to help with this?" Jack said and sipped his tea. "That and I did miss all of you." he said with a warm smile. "Of course spending the past twenty years skipping around time and space and dimensions with Kinsey and all the other refugees... my little pod was getting cramped... and it grew and kept growing. Was time to come home or rather, back to when I was needed most."

"So confusing, but I'm glad you're back." Kass said and whispered. "You ARE babysitting tonight... Jason and I are going out tonight with that Deltan coupon."

"Again?" Jack raised his eyebrow at her. "Menage a Quad?"

"Shhh..." Kass put her finger to her lips. "Jason won't say yes to going out if he thinks we're all going to end up in the sack... besides... it's a diamond collar day." she pointed to her delicate neck.

"So... marathon shag a thon?" Jack chuckled and shook his head. "At least it's not a leather collar day... I am not giving you Kinsey's toy chest you didn't clean up your mess last time."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Jack Ryder

Re: Calling Doctor Love...

Post by Jack Ryder »

Hours later --

Jack had finished up with his last clients of the day and was changing out of his scrubs and back into his typical vest and overcoat. The past dozen or so years on their ship had made him enjoy dressing up a bit more, plus Kinsey liked his suits and more polished look. While it was only months since he and his wife had been back on Terra Alpha, for them it was a considerably longer span of time in which they explored space, helped out various races, traveled to a couple of different timelines and back again. Unlike his younger self, he had grown considerably less concerned what others thought of him or his wife. In many ways he had adopted Kinsey's 'fuck what they think' attitude. Plus, they had taken the past decade to master their psionic abilities, but they also knew from the future that they were needed back in this era to ensure certain events continued on their path, in essence, they always went back. There was no 'younger' Jack in the future it was always him. Of course, he had taken after his father as he got older and developed contingency plans and had sent agents of his own back as well.

"Kass, I'm leaving for the day and I'm not babysitting... " Jack said with a chuckle. "Let Daisy do it."

"Don't you and K'n'zy want to?" Kass questioned as she closed up the offices.

"Luv, I love our grandson but Kinsey I am sure is going to need to a wee more... child free time today." Jack replied and refilled his water bottle. "Besides, Daisy has no bloody life now or in the future. B'sides... Daisy enjoys it."

"So are you ever going to tell me about what happened to Nick and Alice and Gale?" Kass raised an eyebrow. "They ever come back?"

"Spoilers luv." Jack winked his eye. "Have fun, just... not too much fun."

He walked down the hallway to the 'Great Glass Wonkavator' as he called it, it was an elevator that acted more like a turbolift, shooting him down and across and back around to the side of the building where the transporter gates were located. That was one thing he was happy to see, Earth style transporter gates. He was a little worried that when he checked in on Terra Alpha in the future that everything his father and he had worked toward was not going to happen. There were a few things that took longer than expected to be implemented, but that was an easy enough change.

Walking through the gate he was instantly transported to Leo's where he had told his sister Olivia and Kinsey to meet up. There were still some post Dominus matters that had to be addressed and if they didn't address them now, there would be consequences in the future. He inhaled the air and could smell the barbecued meats from Leo's Blues Lounge, the sounds of Delta Blues could be heard from within and his keen ears picked up a very familiar set of high heels behind him.

"Livvy, you put on weight." Jack said without turning around.

"Dick. And I'm carrying a guitar." Olivia said as she cocked her head.

"Ah, you don't usually put so much weight into your steps." Jack chuckled. "And you did put on weight, you actually have an arse."

"Kirby's doing. She's been bringing home too much left over food from Leo's and I haven't been touring since the war ended. Too busy in the office." Olivia said as she put her case down and sat on a bench. "So before we go in... real talk little brother. Is... Kinsey more sane than last time I saw her? You both still are not exactly... trusted around here. It's only been months for us."

"Which is why I wanted to meet with you so Kinsey and I can get... somewhat more re-integrated." Jack replied and closed his eyes. "It's been many many years for us, but we're at a key point in the recovery that our simply staying away is more harm than help. There are threats that only Kinsey and I can help you prepare for. Especially since you are out of the game as it were."

"Says who?" Olivia smiled slightly.

"Says the manicure, the lack of muscle tone on your legs and the fact that you're carrying a guitar and no phaser." Jack replied. "You got your wish and you'll keep it... but we need to be able to use your network."

"You've gotten far more observant, mom would be proud." Olivia said and looked at her nails. "For the first time in my adult life, I'm 'just' a businesswoman and a musician. I haven't had to hold a weapon since the attack and I haven't killed anyone that wasn't a clone since then either. Kirby and I have even discussed the possibility of adopting another child, lots more orphans." she looked at him. "I missed you Jack. Since Angel's been in rebuilding mode and now she's considering running for office to replace T'Kir... only sibling I've really had any contact in the past few months has been you. Could be because Angel and Nathan's marriage is on the rocks and I've called her on her bullshit and we stopped talking to each other."

"Ah the... lover's concert... that went horribly wrong." Jack chuckled. "Teri sent me video... yikes."

"I thought it would help... but she felt more embarrassed and upset that I shone a light on it. Can't say it wasn't musically good though" Olivia chuckled lightly. "People are still sharing and paying for audio clips."

"I told you for years that you had a lovely voice and were a far better musician than you realized you were. And guess what I was right." Jack replied and glanced around. "Now where is that wife of mine? Living on a time ship with me has affected her notion of... punctuality."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“After all these years you still haven’t learned to watch your back, Love.” Kinsey said as she stepped out of the shadows. She was dressed in knee high black boots, black pants, and a long black corset style jacket. Perfect for blending in if she didn’t want to be seen or turn heads if she preferred.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That's because I know you have my back." Jack said as he put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek. "Grozit you look amazing..."

"Even I'm a little turned on by that coat." Olivia admitted. "And those boots. You're looking much more put together. You both seem far more at ease, almost cat like."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Yes, well I could destroy this entire bar with a thought.” Kinsey said with a hint of superiority. “And Rex is over by the bar and two of his men are stationed elsewhere.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"But you won't... right?" Olivia raised an eyebrow.

"Liv... honestly now." Jack said with a smirk.

"Honest question. It's been months for me, years... decades maybe for you two." Olivia said and walked with them into the bar. "So if you two are... sane and driven again and back here, there is clearly something big happening or about to happen."

"Well actually rather small but it gets bigger or rather it could get bigger." Jack said and walked toward a corner booth. "Dominus and the Scions are no longer the galactic threat they were, but the threat they were made others feel... threatened or emboldened to be more aggressive. We also have a few dozen races that now have populations in the hundreds if that. Entire worlds of millions and billions reduced to a fraction of their number. There are also some that think that some of those populations should be reduced to extinction because... 'only the strong survive'." he looked at Kinsey. "We've traced things back to this point in time when things start getting... weird."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I was for leaving you to your own devices, but Jack thought we should help.” Kinsey said as she slipped into the booth. “It didn’t take much convincing. You wouldn’t survive without us.”

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"I'd almost take offense at that if you weren't absolutely right... I'm still trying to figure out how every Dominus was killed at once but... that's beyond me." Olivia replied. "So... what do you need? Jack mentioned my network... which IS still around, but it was built by Kirby and I. They need to know this isn't some wild goose scheme." she sipped her glass of water and looked at Kinsey. "One condition, you keep my little family unit out of this, Lana is starting to finally feel... normal after the death she had witnessed. I don't want her to join up. I want her to continue with her music, her gymnastics, just... be the woman I never could have been."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I don’t think that’ll be an issue.” Kinsey said as Rex brought her a cup of tea and a glass of scotch for Jack. They exchanged nods as she took the cup of tea, she had no doubt Rex had prepared it himself. The cup smelled of her usual blend.

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Tea and Scotch... " Olivia chuckled. "Getting harder in your old age Jack?"

"I've seen about three dozen sets of various genitalia today and reproductive systems... I have earned a Scotch." Jack chuckled. "Who would have thought that all those years ago when I worked something up to make it possible for Kinsey and I to have our first set of twins, that I'd be helping to repopulate using similar science."

"First set... so... did you two have more kids while you were away?" Olivia teased. "Not that Kinsey looks like she did, you look even more in shape than the last time I saw you. Which is sort of shocking since your powers are mostly mental. Oh... this may or may not interest you but... a contact of mine on Earth picked up what looks like my little brother Gale, at least an older version of him. Please don't tell me you're going to try to destabilize the united kingdom.."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer