Thank you :)

Learn what's up with the sim!
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Thank you :)

Post by Nick Ryder »

Just a quick note from da Admin :)

I wanted to say thank you to both Sara (Becca Sandoval and others) and Megan (Kinsey and others) for all the loyalty you've shown this sim over the past nearly 9 years we've been around. Even though now it's really just the three of us - I wanted to say how happy I am that at least I still have the two of you to write with and continue this story. For a sim that has run continuously since September 9th (unofficially) of 2010 I'm still kind of shocked that it's lasted this long and has become the spiritual successor to Python Fleet.

Now I'm not sure if she wants to me to reveal this - but Sara's been working on a Wiki for the sim - I'll let her post it up once it's to something she feels proud letting others see

So... this is something that I'm still debating - do we start promoting the sim to new writers or simply this remain 'our' story? I'm fine either way - but I wouldn't mind some other people to write against just to keep things lively - but I really enjoy writing with both of you ladies and I couldn't have better writing partners.
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Re: Thank you :)

Post by Rebecca Talon »

By all means contribute.

https://terra-alpha-alliance.fandom.com ... iance_Wiki

As far as recruiting goes, I am all for it, but will support whatever you two want.

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Thanks! It’s been fun.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

By the way the new Wiki project is really turning out to be a great idea - I keep adding to it and updating entries all the time - Megan, there are a few that I wouldn't mind some updated bios for some of your's. I'm slowly but surely trying to get at least basic entries set up for everyone that can simply be edited later or as time goes on. As much as I want to have it on our own server, the fandom system isn't too horrible - the ads are annoying AF but meh, at least it's an easy platform to use.

https://terra-alpha-alliance.fandom.com ... kiActivity

Check out all that I and Becca are doing :)

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

Hmmm. I think media wiki is free, which is what is being used by fandom. It wouldn't take much to transfer. The pictures would have to be uploaded, so that would be a drag.

For me, I really don't mind the ads. And i love the versatility of the wiki. Personally I think it's way better than the board.

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

I think we want the info box drop in too.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Well the goal of the wiki is to have a repository of like updated character, location, tech and other info that should (At least in theory) be easier to search and find details than hunting through the forum and anyone can update things too - I would like to sort of figure out dates a bit better as well as get a rough timeline of things - since we started this sim back in 2011 and have almost 8 years of stories and such and some a buried in the old forum as well as things that we once wrote in an 'adults only' forum we deleted lol AND some years in story took us more than one year to tell in real time. Plus we have had a few time skips between chapters. For months I'm more or less going by either what we established when a chapter started or the actual month it started in. So like I'm 'guessing' that in story right now it's like July-ish 2421 - the election was in 2419, the Capitol Incident was in January 2420 and Bella was President until about July of that year. Then we took a bit of a jump between last chapter and this one. Going backward, Nick was President for 4 years, with a few months during which they were still 'technically' a Federation colony but breaking off before the entire fall. So that would put the break away point around 2415/2416.

For the moment there are a lot of 'rough' estimated dates or simply years for people - although I'm thinking anyone that was a character in the Python Fleet days, they 'can' be chronically older, but aren't that old - and through Starfleet Intel and Section 31 they had their records altered - so Nick, Becca, Rexi (even Angel, Liv and Marcus) are still old enough to be Dominion War veterans despite that being nearly 45 years prior to our current date - (Dominion War ended around 2375 - considering we did so many time jumps even during those days and characters that started out as Lts went to Captain and Admiral damn fast - but that's what makes this bunch so interesting, they've lived wild lives and now are finally starting to wind down to let the next generation take the reigns.

And I am loving the concept of our character's kids as adults in the possible future timeline - will they somehow come back in time to fix things? Will they stay? Will Dominus come through again and end their reality? Who knows!?

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

yes we need a timeline
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist