Welcome to the NEW Terra Alpha Forum!

Learn what's up with the sim!
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Welcome to the NEW Terra Alpha Forum!

Post by Nick Ryder »

After our old forum was converted to Tapatalk after Zetaboards was sold to them - I decided that it was high time we moved to our own forum. The old forum will remain up as long as they keep it up.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ussbyron/index.php

The old Zetaboard redirect will still work - at least for now - so if you have old links they should work for the foreseeable future. I do plan to eventually move as much of the old forum over to this one and keep the original posts as archives - possibly as word DOCs or PDFs.

Things should work pretty similar to what we've been used to - granted this is a phpBB that isn't as heavily modded as the old ZetaBoard - at least not yet - I'm going to see what I can to to make it feel closer to what we've been used to but for now it's not controlled by anyone other than me - and whoever I name as admins - namely Megan and Sara... so... yeah... ;) Status quo.

I'm thinking since we're pretty much at a point where I'd start up a new storyline we can just start off here as if we're still on the 'old' board.

For now - I'm still re-discovering phpBB's features and such - so bear with me if things are a bit 'basic' - as for usernames and accounts - you'll need to set up whoever you plan to use - but if you need e-mail addresses - let me know - I can even make an e-mail account for you. like kinsey@section31.club or whatever and just have everything dump into there.

The fact that our old forum had remained pretty much the same for nearly 8 years is astounding - so we were due for an upgrade/change soon enough anyway. What I DO want to do is make sure that as much of the old is in the new - so we have it for ready reference.

I'm going to experiment with the board for a bit so don't be too shocked if things change often - keep in mind, I work days now - so during the day I may not do much more than post - but at night - I may tweak things, at least until we're at a point where things are comfortable and we can just focus on writing.

NOW... I AM considering promoting our little sim and getting some new writers to join us - but it's just a consideration - this has been our show for a long time now. But I would love to have others read our stuff and enjoy it as much as we enjoy writing it!

Anyway... bear with me and let's have some fun!
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Re: Welcome to the NEW Terra Alpha Forum!

Post by Rebecca Talon »

I like the fact that we are in control of our own destiny here. Let me know what I can do to assist.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

So what I think we'll start doing - not this weekend - since I'll be super busy tomorrow and Saturday getting ready for a picnic my mom is doing - but we'll start archiving things from the old board - starting with character bios and other tech specs that we can post here. Then moving onto the Mission Archives and then gradually working our way forward to the current storyline.

I'm honestly kind of happy that we finally moved to our own forum -I've wanted to do this for a while now, but y'know... ZetaBoards seemed stable for the most part and we've been running the sim on it for so long. And we won't have to worry about banner ads and other stuff.
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

So, about the bios, and tech specs I have an idea. I have no clue what is involved, and what you already have available, but what if we created a Terra Alpha Wiki site. This could be our web presence, and not leave it all up to one person.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

I have considered a wiki - if you'd like to help with that - that'd be cool, I can always install one.

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Certainly. If it's doable tell me what you need. If I don't know what to do, which is likely, I can always YouTube.

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

I'm finally here. I've been super busy.

Kahlina Starbreeze

Post by Kahlina Starbreeze »

Welcome to the party
General Khalina Starbreeze
"Lady Breezecroft"
The Duchess of Kormel
Narlin Ambassador to the Terra Alpha Alliance

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

I must say I used to sorta not like phpBB but this new board is growing on me.

Kahlina Starbreeze

Post by Kahlina Starbreeze »

Was the Zeta board some sort of proprietary thing?
General Khalina Starbreeze
"Lady Breezecroft"
The Duchess of Kormel
Narlin Ambassador to the Terra Alpha Alliance