Wish You Were Here Then

The powers that be attempt peace while forces from darker realities try to take over our reality by any means necessary.
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Wish You Were Here Then

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Do I need to kill you?” Kinsey inquired with a raised eyebrow. “Or could we help each other out? I’m tired of Dominus in this reality or any reality for that matter. You’re here to keep him out of yours. I’m not asking you to turn into Cross or be a poster boy for reform. I’m offering you a chance to go home when this over.”

Bartyn

Post by Bartyn »

"Why would you even attempt to help me? I suppose If you're offering a return trip and a way to stop Dominus from doing to my reality what he's done to so many already... but I'm only doing this to save my own skin, I can give a hang about you and your's here." Bartyn replied. "And I'm not swayed by your pretty face Calhoun, you ain't mine. So... what are you suggesting? Pretty sure if my ass isn't in that hole, it's going to be in a box or vaporized."
Bartyn the Ronin

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I didn’t think you would be.” Kinsey said matter of fact as she deactivated Bartyn’s bonds. If he tried anything she’d turn him into a baseball before he knew what hit him. “You are going in that hole...for the moment. Then you will be mine until we’ve dealt with Dominus. Then Jack will see to it you make it home. You know I keep my word Bartyn.”

Bartyn

Post by Bartyn »

"Yeah... alright... I'll play your game for now Calhoun." Bartyn said and looked at Jack. "Seriously, this geek gets you wet? Some realities really are backwards."
Bartyn the Ronin

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Yes. Yes they are.” Kinsey agreed as she walked over to the console where Jack was standing. “I’ll be in touch.”

Before Bartyn could reply the transporter activated and Bartyn was beamed away.

“You don’t agree.” Kinsey said after a moment of silence between her and Jack.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"A part of me wanted you to turn him into a meaty little baseball and if Clint ever asked where he went, we just play dumb." Jack said with a shrug of his shoulders. "And yet... mercy. Always mercy. Otherwise we're no better than they are." he said and went to the controls and set them for Leo's Blues Club. "I don't quite feel like honoring my grandfather in such a public place. We'll go to the Club, share a drink. Perhaps sing something he enjoyed and then we'll go home, hug our children tightly and go to sleep in each other's arms. Unlike Bartyn, we have people that love us. Our relationship is founded on more than lust, perhaps he saw what his counterpart has, what his lover's counterpart has and was jealous. That we have something even death cannot touch."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“We’ve tested that statement.” Kinsey said leaning into him and kissing his lips. “The kids are still on Xenex with Keira.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"That's right... " Jack said and slapped his forehead. "I nearly forgot they were on Xenex, I was thinking they were at the colony." he readjusted his controls. "Let's grab the kids first and then go to Leo's and then home. After sleeping at that inn the other night, I prefer our bed and our sheets. Much as I enjoy Xenex, I think you and I have barely broken in that mattress. The kids have jumped on it more than we've slept on it."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“We should change that before everything gets crazy.” Kinsey said with a grin.

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I think we should... and we make time. Even if well, things get nuts, we still carve out those few hours alone together." Jack chuckled. "Our lives are always crazy, it's nothing new."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius